My wife and I stayed over Christmas at the Travelodge. What a wonderful place. We had a kitchenette room (very large!) on the main floor. Jill was the afternoon/evening person on the front desk and was delightful and very helpful.
A few tips:
- They have an odd room configuration: Kitchenettes have a full stove (four burners on top of an oven), a microwave and, oddly, a bar fridge. The bar fridge has a very, very small freezer part. There are other rooms, which don't have a stove, but do have a full fridge and freezer. You'll need to work around that.
- Kitchenettes do not come stocked with dishes by default. However they do have "bins" available at the front desk that have most of what you'll need (3 pots, 1 pan, 3 cookie sheets, colendar, bowl, plate, cutlery, spatula, slotted spoon, oven mitt, dish detergent, cutting board (though no sharp knives!), sponge, dish towels and a dish rag).-- I recommend you bring Aluminum Foil and Paper Towels as well. As I understand it though, there are fewer Kitchenette bins than there are Kitchenettes, so grab one as soon as you check in.
On to breakfast... breakfast has three options (for however many people have registered):
- You can pick up a bag breakfast at the front desk containing juice, yogourt, granola bars, a fruit cup, a spoon and a napkin.
- You can select from a list of options provided on the slip you're given at check in, which are small breakfasts served at <a href="http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g32952-d1051490-Reviews-Lumberjack_s_Restaurant-Redding_California.html">Lumberjacks restaurant</a>, a highly rated restaurant located about 8-10 minutes drive away. Each include your choice of apple juice, coffee or tea, and some of the options included: 2 eggs, hashbrowns and toast; french toast, sausage or bacon and one egg; oatmeal and toast; fruit cup and toast, etc. They are small sized breakfasts, but for many that would suffice. Your voucher will cover the full cost of breakfast, but you should probably tip the wait staff as if you paid for a $6 lunch.
- Alternately, you can order anything off the main Lumberjacks restaurant menu and they'll take $3.50 off the bill per person.
The beds (we had two queens) were very, very comfortable. The air conditioner, when on, was a bit loud, though wasn't needed due to the weather. The pool and hot tub are well maintained.
Highly recommended for a good room at a great rate. Keep an eye out for Wyndham promotion codes you can use there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Redding Travelodge wants you to feel right at home. Offering a variety of room types to fit all of your needs. Choose a Deluxe Single Queen, Deluxe Double Queen, our Spacious Two Queen Kitchenettes, a Single Queen Business Suite, and our family friendly - Two Queens and a separate room with a double bed in our Sleepy Bear motif. All rooms have fridge and micro, a work desk, free Hi-Speed wireless Internet and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Redding CA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Redding Hotel Redding
- Travel Lodge Redding
- Redding Travelodge
- Redding Travel Lodge