“Great CLEAN Get-A-Way”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very Clean! and the help is all very nice, they try to make your stay as good as possiable. They give you a voucher. We come into Redding with our street rods, they try to help use as best as they can, The help is always pleasant and seem to always smiling. They seem to make you feel wanted an enjoy you, and talk to you. .

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 55wagonman

Reviewed April 13, 2012

When I recently had to attend a family funeral I booked a hotel in the area closest to where my family lives. The hotel was on North Market Street, which is a busy thoroughfare in Redding, California.For the price I expected this hotel to be barely clean and probably very noisy, and their continental breakfast to be minimal. My cousin and I checked in to our rooms close to midnight; we parked in the last parking slot available. The hotel appeared to be completely booked, which surprised me.

I opened the door to my room and stumbled into bed barely noticing the room, but the bedding was fresh, which is all I cared about in that instant. In the morning I discovered I had been given a corner room, a kitchenette at that. I had spoken to the front desk staff the day before I checked in to inform the hotel I would have my son and granddaughter joining me. I was told I might be more comfortable with three people now in the room, in a larger room for only $10 more a night. As it turned out, it was a great bargain since the three of us weren't bumping into one another for two days. The room was not only large, but very clean, though as you might expect at a budget hotel, the amenities were minimal, shampoo, conditioner, and soap, but the towels were plentiful and maid service was prompt.

I knew my son would arrive before me that first night and would be joining me coming from another area. He doesn't have a credit card so when I contacted the hotel I asked about how we could work around this and the hotel kindly allowed me to prepay the room so he wouldn't have to provide a credit card or a $250 deposit, which is their policy for people who don't possess credit cards. True to their word, he arrived and checked in without a hassle and provided him meal vouchers for the three of us to use in the morning. Surprisingly we had two options for breakfast: we could either have their cold collation of breakfast foods and coffee, juice or tea, or we could have a cooked to order breakfast at an area restaurant, The Lumberjack, to choose from a set menu of about eight items, for no additional fee.

All around, the hotel completely met our expectations, and surpassed mine in that it was extremely quiet and clean. Staff was friendly, and the rates were very good. I paid only $75 a night for two adults and a child, and the rate included a great set of breakfast choices. the place also has a nice outdoor pool that would be fun for a family in the summer. I highly recommend this hotel if you're looking for a basic clean place to sleep that won't break the bank, but do ask for rooms at the back of the complex.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms are noisy but the rooms closest to the street may get some street...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dancindawgs
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We stayed one evening at this motel on our way to Palm Springs. It is nothing out of the ordinary, however the staff person at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We used the fitness area and while small it had the essential equipment necessary for a good workout.
They do not have a morning breakfast on site, but they do offer free breakfast choices at a nearby restaurant which is easy to travel to. The restaurant was basic but the food was good and the service quick and friendly.
All in all it was a great little motel and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay overnight in Redding.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is a great motel, happy, helpful front desk and rooms to make a weary traveler happy. Clean and comfortable. Yes we had a 5 min ride for breakfast but it was worth it and right by the freeway. Would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2012

A short one night stay. Made the booking based on TripAdvisor and pet friendly status. We were not disappointed at all. Great beds. Comfortable room. Easy access. Clean and quiet. Little bit of noise from adjoining room (pass through door) when a family arrived quite late but soon ended.
Modest but very comfortable. Used the discount they provided for breakfast at Lumbermans. Nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We got a broken BED! Would of been a great stay if we got sleep on a bed! When we told the staff they didn't care! Not going back to there!

Stayed: April 2012
RTL, Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

The staff at the Redding Travelodge want to make sure anyone reading this review understands that we care about the things that happen here. In the last 4 months we have changed the hours of the front desk so that we are open 24/7. Having a desk open all through out the night allows someone to be available when emergencies arise. The second this guest let us know what happened we fixed the bed. If the guest would of called the front desk at ANY time that night we would of moved the guest in a HEARTBEAT! Let the over 317 previous reviews show you that what this guest experienced is not the norm here at the Redding Travelodge. Choose us for your next hotel in Redding and you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rooms are dated, fairly clean, no family restaurants close by, does have fast food near. My three kids were walking and laughing in 2nd floor room at 8:30pm, we got a call that someone called and said we were too noisy. Of course we stopped, but we were just laughing in our room. First time ever, then we went the rest of the night walking on egg shells. Would probably not stay again. ? If a family place for kids. Staff were nice.

• Stayed: March 2012

We work hard to make our property quiet and comfortable as possible for every guest. Our quite time is posted in all rooms, to begin at 10:00pm and we work to have all those outside, in room by 11:00pm. We have made adjustments to televisions to limit in-room volume so to not hinder other guests rest and limit complaints. All this and more, is done to try to see that others guests respect our desire to maintain a "peaceful" atmosphere. All reports made at the front desk from guests complaining of other guests are taken seriously. We never want guests to feel like they are "walking on eggshells" but merely to be considerate of the surrounding guests. We are a family hotel and ENCOURAGE laughing. Please know when you stay at Redding Travelodge we will work hard to ensure you have a GOOD time and a QUIET night sleep!