“Great value!”

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Vancouver, Washington
“Great value!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We've stayed at this property three times over the last 14 months. Each time has been a great experience. My wife has significant allergies to dogs, so a pet-free room is essential. The pet-friendly rooms are kept segregated from others. Although this is an older property, the rooms have been updated recently and are very clean and modern. Beds are comfortable, linens are good quality. The included breakfast is available offsite with a voucher at The Lumberjack restaurant, an easy 5 minute drive away, with a reasonable variety of choices. The food has been consistently good. Reception staff has been friendly and efficient. Although the Travelodge brand has suffered over the years, this is a GREAT exception and I would highly recommend it. You can't beat the rates, especially with Senior discount.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Czech first
Redding, California
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Redding Travel Lodge and loved it. The price is great, the rooms are beautiful, and the service is awesome. They accommodated all of our needs which included a full fridge with freezer, which wowed me, most hotels don't have that as an option. Staff is always friendly and smiling and we always came back to a clean room. The furnishings are nice and I loved being able to swim in the heated pool in December and into January!! I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying in redding short term on business or long term on vacation! We will be staying there again!

Room Tip: We loved being upstairs. The corner rooms are right next to the stairs. We liked that too.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Indianola
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Awesome Place!

Rooms are great. Service is exceptional and the place for breakfast amazing.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I've always liked staying here. The rooms are clean and like the kitchenette. HOWEVER - stayed here for Jesus Culture 2012. Got up to take a shower at 6 am and the water in the shower was freezing. Called front desk and they informed me that the hot water heater was overworked because everyone was showering. They need to fix it or only book as many rooms as theor heater can accomodate. So didn't get a shower. My opinion is - you pay for a warm bed and shower and I am asking for a partial refund when I check out. Everything else is good but will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2012
RTL, Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
I'm surprised that though you’ve stayed here before and enjoyed it, that you’d mention a “one off” situation that is difficult for we as a property to deny. We’re a host property for all Bethel Conferences and personally the management and many attached to the property are regular attenders. I was at an event at event the church, and stood in line at the restroom for an extended wait, understanding the nature of large meetings and the unique needs and inconveniences that the comes with such a positive function. The Jesus Culture is a youth conference, one of seemly hundreds we have hosted. The reality is that the Jesus Culture is a “youth” conference and we s t r e t c h the rules allowing a few more per room than normal. We give more breakfasts than normal, knowing youth groups are often limited on funds. We even have more leeway in activity and the nuances that accompany youth groups. Why?, to accommodate a valid and valuable event that needs lodging, to give a good value, a quality room and good guest service. We strongly suggest large groups to regulate their own group and self-manage the free breakfast, showers and other amenities to be able to utilize the expanded, over the required standard water supply, restaurant service at Lumberjacks, and look out for their group’s necessities and the needs of other guests, maybe not even conference attenders.

We’re sorry for this rare inconvenience, but to state “don’t stay during a conference” in the title carries a weight and negative cogitation that is what was surprising from one of our conference attenders. Of the 301 reviews we are and will remain one of the best values of the top few properties in town. Typically 20-30% better pricing and over 30 free amenities.

Lodging elsewhere is an option, reconsideration is always an option. We hope that is your choice. We’d love to keep or guests, especially you.
Montague, California
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Whenever I need to stay overnight in Redding, this is where I stay. The price is the best I have found. The rooms are nicely furnished and have very comfortable beds, a table and chairs for eating or working on the computer, a small refrigerator, a small microwave, and a small coffee maker. I have never heard anyone else's TV through the walls. There is adequate parking. An unexpected bonus is the free breakfast. You get a credit for breakfast at a restaurant a couple miles away, or a "bag breakfast" of fruit, juice, granola bar, and yogurt that you can pick up the evening of your stay or after 7 AM. Great for late night munchies ;). Very friendly and helpful staff. The office is closed from 11PM-7AM so keep that in mind if you need any extras from housekeeping.
They also have a room with a small kitchenette that includes a full sized stove/oven and refrigerator. The one I stayed in had a king bed. No pots and pans, dishes, or silverware, though they may be available at an extra price through the office. I had my own, so I did not inquire.
Always very clean and very quiet. I highly recommend this Travelodge.

Room Tip: Kitchenette available
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GeoDiva
RTL, Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
We love to hear when people become return guests here at the Redding Travelodge. We want the Travelodge to become a home away from home. We are one of the few hotels in Redding who have fridges and microwaves in EVERY one of our rooms. Some of those fridges are mini but we do have some rooms which have full size refrigerators. Also, we are one of the only hotels in Redding who have full kitchenette rooms. Those include a full stove and oven. At the front desk we have kitchenette buckets that include anything you might need (ex: pots, pans, plates, bowls, etc.). Just make sure to ask for those when you make your reservations since they are first come, first serve. No charge for those by the way! We just added another choice to our breakfast to go bags. You now have the choice of juice or water. We found that some people wanted to have water so we now have both available. Starting at the end of January we have made the front desk open 24 hours a day so there is always someone at the front desk whenever you might need them. We hope we will see you the next time you visit Redding!
franklin laouisiana, USA
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Went to the Travelodge b/c of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Dealt with staff a few times and everyone was super friendly and one even took a few minutes to talk to me about resturants and shopping.

Kathryn went over the resturant guide with me and suggested a pizza place and then gave me comps to breakfast. Both places were awesome. She is 2 for 2!

Needed early check in and late check out- no problem expect only room available had kitchen and $10 more...... spacious!! so worth it!!

I would reccommend the Travelodge Redding to anyone passing through.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The staff were friendly. It honestly felt like I was staying at a friend's house by the way they greeted me and told me everything I needed to know. Maybe I liked it so much because my last hotel in Redding was so bad, but everything that was wrong there was done right here. Comfortable room, big fridge, clean bathroom, etc.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family