“Clean, convenient motel”

Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Houston
“Clean, convenient motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

This motel was clean and within walking distance of a delicious Thai restaurant, Janya's. The hot breakfast is included, but at a driving distance from the motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Czech first
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I left Reno and wanted to check out Redding on a mini vacation. Trip advisor had rated this motel as very good. I was a little concerned. While in a older area of town and a little bit off the beaten track, boy what a find. Grounds were nice, pool was heated in January, and while I did not swim you could tell they take very good care of it.

Every thing in the room was nice. I was very impressed. Every thing was clean and it was very quiet. Staff was friendly. The breakfast is free, it's nice, but across town in a regualr restrauant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Lately it seems many hotels have been cutting costs at the expense of the customer, but not here! I was surprised and impressed over and over again during our stay, first at the lovely and clean exterior and lobby of the hotel, then by the very friendly front-desk staff. When we got to our room, I was impressed by the large number of very comfortable pillows on our bed. We stayed in a room with a kitchenette - so convenient - and a luxurious king-sized bed for a very reasonable price. There was shampoo AND conditioner in the bathroom, and the room was very clean and well cared-for. Finally, to top it off, I discovered that the hotel provides a free breakfast at a local restaurant with every reservation, and it was a very good breakfast! I would absolutely recommend this place and will stay there again; it exceeded all my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Redding, CA Travelodge. We had booked this hotel because we were visiting Bethel Church. I have to say that this is one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed in! It was so clean that I felt comfortable enough to take off my socks! That is saying allot when we are the type of people that brings disinfectant spray to every hotel. We are also carpet cleaners, we notice how clean the hotel is by how clean the carpet is being kept. There was no dust/ dirt along the edges of the furniture or walls. That is saying allot. That is where most hotels normally cut corners on cleaning. NOT at the Travelodge in Redding, CA. The carpet, bathroom and beds were clean. One of the first things that we check is how clean the beds are. I give it "5 STARS". The cleaning staff spent HOURS on cleaning the rooms. They were there early and did not leave until late afternoon. That is allot of cleaning for such a small hotel. I know clean rooms are a major concern to them. I overheard the front desk explaining to a customer how they clean their pet rooms differently and how it take them longer. They use special products to clean pet rooms. It was stated that they have to take longer to clean because they want to make sure that the next person that stays with their animal, does not have any allergic reaction to the previous customer and pet. The personal handled the situation in a very professional and kind manner.

The staff was the friendliest ever! You were always greeted with a very warm and inviting smile. Everyone from the maid, maintenance or front desk, everyone always had a positive greeting for you. The maintenance man was the best. He always had a smile on his face!

The free breakfast was awesome. I know you have to drive about 3 miles to get to the restaurant, but it was worth it. We received fast service, hot and taste food. How many hotels do you get a "TRUE HOT" breakfast anymore? There was one morning that we did not have the time to drive, so the hotel gave us a packet of food. It had a fruit cup, yogurt, granola bar and a cheese stick. It was sufficient. Since time was more important to us that morning. There was also fresh fruit and coffee in the lobby.

The only thing I would say is if you are looking for a 5 star amenities and luxury, this hotel might not be the hotel for you. The beds were better than average and the hot tub was nice. I would give the hot tub and beds a three to four star rating. But remember, do not compare a 5 star fancy hotel to this little Travelodge. Go pay twice as much and quit comparing. Do not compare apples with oranges!

It definitely served our needs. It was better than our expectations! The value and price was awesome. I can not say enough good things about the Travelodge in Redding, CA. We will stay there again on our next trip to Redding, CA.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Puyallup, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2011

I was on a road trip from NV to WA and needed a place to crash. This place was very nice and clean, and the staff were really friendly. They even give you a free breakfast at a real restaurant. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Landenberg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2011

When I had to find a hotel really quickly in Redding, due to the birth of our first grandchild;
our son-in-law suggested the Travelodge because he heard that it was voted the Best in Redding! The price and the location were perfect for my 2 1/2 week stay while I cared for our daughter and grandson who lived nearby.

Being in the Travelodge Redding for such a long time, I got to know the staff very well; they were all so friendly and helpful! I even met the owner who I saw late at night in the reception area with a sewing machine, repairing bedskirts and bedspreads for the rooms! What a labor of love!

The "bag breakfasts" were perfect for my eating style; how convenient!

I've stayed in other hotels in Redding, but this is by far the best. I felt very safe there, too.
I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

I've stayed at a couple of places in Redding but this hotel is my favorite so far. Great prices, decent location, free parking. The pool was even heated in December! We started off with a standard queen room that reeked of cigarettes. Keep in mind that we booked a non-smoking room. When we informed the staff of the problem, they promptly moved us to a double queen room that had a fridge, microwave, sink, and a cooking range. No dishes or utensils provided, though. Having slept almost exclusively in king size beds for years, it was a bit of an adjustment sharing the queen size with my partner. I don't think this property offers king beds. Not only does this hotel have good room prices, included in the price is a breakfast at Lumberjack's restaurant, the downside being that it's about 3 miles away. If you don't want to drive, visit Lim's restaurant next door, which is open for breakfast and serves Chinese and American fare throughout the day. Very much walking distance to the Botanical Gardens and the Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay. The hotel features washers and dryers on site for only $1.00 per load, plus they sell Otter Pops at the front desk for 25 cents!

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room and see if they can offer a double queen with kitchenette. There is a St...