“The most comfortable hotel on our ten day vacation.”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #5 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Beaverton, Oregon
“The most comfortable hotel on our ten day vacation.”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We booked this hotel because of the price and for the fact they had a kittchenette. We were very pleased with the value we recieved staying at the Travelodge. The kids loved the pool and the breakfasts at Lumberjacks that came as part of the room. We will definitly stay there again when we are needing a place in Redding. The price was half of what we paid at other hotels on our vacation, but the hotel in our opinion was the nicest.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Czech first
Nipomo, California
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I traveled with two cats. They gave me a ground floor room with a door to the parking lot, very useful when transferring animals to the room. The room was clean, it has a small refrigerator and microwave. I chose the breakfast in a bag since I wanted to leave as soon as possible in the morning. Yogurt, granola bars, applesauce, fruit drink, and something else (I don't remember). More than I usually eat. The bathroom was tiny, not great to confine the cats in, and the carpet could use a shampoo. Other than that very clean. I'm not complaining, the price was great, pet friendly, friendly young women at the desk, air conditioning worked, not noisy, slept well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We live in WA state and periodically travel to Southern, CA. The Travelodge is our stopover hotel for the long trip. It's nothing fancy, but it's clean and the staff are helpful. I had a burned out bedside lamp at one of the stays and the front desk immediately came up and replaced it. They also give a voucher for a breakfast at a nearby restaurant. Although you have to drive to the restaurant, the choice of breakfast is good. Again, it's nothing fancy, but very comfortable and suits our purposes.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Concord, Ca
Reviewed August 14, 2011

When I booked this room I was told the only room available was a handicap accessible room. I said that's fine if a regular room comes up can I get that she said yes.
So we arrived and check in was easy.
We go to the room and it looks OK but there is a smell in the room.
When we got to the bathroom it reeked of urine.

My husband went to the office to complain she said she could come down and clean it in a little while or she would give us another room.
Remember I was told they were booked and no other rooms were available.
We looked at the other room(it had a small kitchen in it) and even thought it was not very clean we took it as it was better then smelling urine.
This room that we moved to had stains on the carpet and again didn't feel very clean at this point we were tired as we had driven from Oregon so we accepted the room. I will say the bed was comfortable but that was about all that was good about the room.

I will say that when I complained to the motel I did receive an email back telling me that they wanted to provide me with a 10% discount for my next stay .
This is a quote from that email:
”Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We have recently instituted and “double check” cleaning standard and multiple cross checks to include that each room has fresh air ventilation daily. We have also reviewed our filter change policy, an air duct weekly check, which includes but is not limited to weekly check/change and daily inspection of heat/air conditioners and bathroom vent/fan.”
I won’t stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank amustangsally
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family and I had a very pleasant stay at the Travelodge in Redding, CA. The rooms were clean and quiet, the staff was friendly and helpful and the kids had a great time playing in the swimming pool.

All-in-all, it was an excellent value.

Thanks, Rick

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
RTL, General Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thank you Rick for your kind words! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Redding Travelodge!

We strive to keep our prices and what we offer the best in town!

We hope to see you on your next trip to Redding!
Oregon
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Very well run property, immaculate rooms, well appointed, good internet, very comfy beds and a nice breakfast in a bag for those of us who don't choose the restaurant breakfast offered. Been years since I've stayed in a Travelodge and, let's face it, some of their properties seem pretty run down, but this is a good one. Redding is a bit of a motel wasteland meaning average Best Western-type places charge over $100 a night and the $50 a night places here are, for the most part, unsuitable as the reviews indicate. This place fits the in-between role well and offers good value for the money, though it baffles me that I can Priceline 4* properties in LA or SF for less than you pay for a 2* place in Redding. The 5 star rating I gave this property is based on value in comparison with other Redding properties I've visited, not because it's a sister to the Ritz Carlton :). I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
santa clara, ca
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Everything we needed in affordable lodging: In-room coffee maker, microwave, fridge, fluffy new large bath towels. For breakfast they give a coupon to a restaurant down the road. Clean, easy check-in. Air conditioning is very good (Redding's HOT).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple