“Acceptable in Redding”

Travelodge Redding CA
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed October 27, 2007

Acceptable stay for Redding, where good choices are slim. Old property with no elevator (two stories), but generally well kept. A basic breakfast (or $3.50 credit per person) at a Denny"s a few miles away is now provided. Front office staff pleasant. Beneficial that management tries to address problems noted in Trip Advisor, as I assume Travelodge's high rating in Redding brings in business (including mine).

If you have time, recommend you arrange to tour the beautifully-restored, art deco, Cascade Theater in downtown Redding.

• Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank TravelproVirginia

Reviewed October 17, 2007

Great to see such a well kept hotel. Staff was great. room was clean. Good bargain!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank codeguy
Reviewed October 7, 2007

The Redding Travelodge is a clean economical establishment. The staff is competent. Our problem was with our location (the top of the stairs) and inconsiderate neighbors. We had children running up and down the stairs until 10:30 p.m and starting up at 7:00 a.m.. That would have been o.k., if we hadn't been awakened by the person in the next room showering at 2:30 a.m. and again at 5:30 a.m. The acoustics and thin walls of the building made the sounds come into our bathroom pipes. Due to the lack of sleep, I was pretty crabby the next morning. Thankfully there was coffee in the room to get me going. We were given a coupon for breakfast at a Dennys a ways from the Travelodge, but easily found with their directions.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank JmtEverett_Wa_
RTL, Operations Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2007

We're so sorry that this guest had a problem with other guests not being hospitable. We have several house rules to maintain the atmosphere for all our guests to enjoy their stay.
Several things are in place to assure this; quite time begins at 10:00pm with pool and spa closing. By 11:00pm we have posted in each room and at the front desk that all hallways, entrances and parking lots are to be clear and guests are encouraged to respect other guests. If we’re told we will deal immediately with any guest/s that are not abiding by our standards. I have personally asked guests to leave, to secure a positive stay for all our guests.
We have insulated rooms for weather and sound. TV’s are preset to initial lower levels to keep sound transfer to minimum. We have all non-smoking rooms with an enforced "close door" policy to protect privacy, maintain quite and provide a better aesthetic value. We have 24 hour video surveillance, on-site manager and night manger on staff. Our average guests are business travelers, seniors and small families. Rare are the situations that we’ve encountered that effect the atmosphere of our property. I personally live here with my wife and daughter, this is my home. I walk the property often and can assure you were constant in our maintenance, security, activity and overall presentation.
Very often we're told of our property, things like,. "This place is quite and peaceful" As stated earlier, we’re sorry that others we not respectful to this guest , but earplugs are usually not necessary at this property - However, when I travel I bring them too, because not all travelers show the courtesy and respect that we all deserve.

Reviewed October 7, 2007

First I have to blame MapQuest for the terrible directions to this place. Everyone I spoke with was very pleasant whether on the phone or in the lobby. Check-in was long because they couldn't find my reservation. I had made it weeks in advance. After driving 10 long hours, all I wanted to do was hit the bed. Upon opening the door, I was overwhelmed by the smell of the room. It smelled like a "Thrift Store". I later I noticed on my door that it
only had a "no smoking symbol." Alot of the other rooms had a "no dog symbol." also. I am sure it is from Fido who traveled thru Redding. I actually went to the store and bought a bottle of FEBREEZE. It worked wonderful. I sprayed my room every time I left in and out. I was on the first floor and I heard every car. I heard them park. I heard them open and close all the doors, at all hours. I also heard the cars driving down Market St. VERY NOISY. Parking was hideous over the weekend. If you left for the day, you needed to be back and parked by 9 p.m. or you didn't get a spot. The fridge froze all my food. 4 long days here, :(

• Stayed: September 2007
2  Thank LovesQuiet
Reviewed September 30, 2007

The entire staff was very kind. Very friendly. The rooms were spacious & clean. Very comfy & cozy. We have recently moved to this area & tell all our friends & family that this is the place to stay as they come to visit.

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank bethel-ite
Reviewed September 25, 2007

The actual hotel isn't very easy to find, it's not like it's right off the freeway. My first thought when I saw the place was that it was very nice and clean. It looks like it has just been remodeled, or maybe built.. I don't know, it just looks new. The girl at check in was very nice and got everything set pretty fast. Up until now I was starting to believe all the things people had been saying in these reviews.... Then we got to our room.

The room seemed very dark with not enough lighting. Everything in the room was very clean, no complaints there.. but the furniture looked pretty old and is worn. The carpet had holes in it, although we didn't really care.. it just seemed odd. The bathroom was in perfect shape. The microwave and fridge worked very well. We were traveling with our dog, and had a little trouble finding a spot for her to relieve herself. There is NO pet area, so we just had to force her to go on the side of the building where there are little spots.

Overall this hotel is very nice, and clean. I would absolutely stay here again IF the price wasn't so high. It seems they charge a little more than you would expect from a place like this. From personal experience I can absolutely tell you that this is NOT the best hotel in Redding. I've stayed at a Motel 6 that was just about the same for much, MUCH, less. I had a good time at this hotel but was disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank JohnnyButt
RTL, Operation Manager at Travelodge Redding CA, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2007

We promote TripAdvisor to our guests as the best online review site for the traveler. Though AAA is a great service to it's members, it does only serve those who join. Also, the inspections are yearly and rarely done at night - when most people stay at a venue.
TripAdvisor's reviews are written by people who have actually stayed, slept and took the time to write "their" opinions. We appreciate the process and realize it's not perfect, but it’s the best out there.
Being Rated #1 too is often misunderstood. We're rated number 1 because guests have rated us according to their stay. Most hotels have only a few reviews, we have over 60 listed on TripAdvisor. We're not perfect, just the best rated by those that have stayed here. We're not a 5 star, nor do you pay a five-star price, we’re by our brand an economy property. By our actual offerings, we're more a value added property. Our ownership takes pride in the property. Our management works hard to make the atmosphere here clean, safe and full of value. As for reviews like this one, the good, the bad, the perceptions - all make for a picture. We ask that you read as many as you can and see who we really are. As for holes in the carpets - that's odd to us too. We can't find any. As for price, for what we offer, the amenities and the total package isn’t beaten by any local hotel. Try us out. You won't be disappointed if you’re looking for value, comfort and rest.

Reviewed September 6, 2007

After driving down from Portland, Oregon we stopped outside the Travelodge on a hot August afternoon. We drove along the main street and we returned to the Travelodge - we were motivated by the highTrip Advisor rating. (We agree it's entirely justified), A very friendly welcome, and were shown to a very clean, spacious, air-conditioned and well-appointed room. we had a corner room, with a most comfortable king bed, a sofa and other seating, The staff were helpful and courteous. There was a swimming pool. Breakfast was complimentary and was served at the diner next door. I have no hestitaion in recommending this motel to other travellers, in my opinion it represented good value for money

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank baroqueSydney