“A Great Surprise!”

Clearie's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Clearie's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 321 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Happened on a Fridat night without a reservation. Clearies is a small but quaint restaurant. The bar was DARK and with only 15 patrons seemed crowded. The drinks were poured correctly and the service was good. After about a 30 minute wait, we were shown to our table. Very nice. The decor was new and soothing and again, there are a limited number of tables. I could count 12 tables and 3 of those were two tops. The appetizers were just adequate, but our dinner, Chipotle Salmon and Filet were delicious and prepared exceptionally. As much as the bar drinks were prepared well, the wine list was light on medium $$ choices. Overall, the restaurant was clean, enjoyable and we left satisfied. I will return!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stopped at Clearies on the drive back to Sacramento from Eureka. Wasn't sure about the place initially, as it is next door to an old 50's looking hotel. The building exterior itself was clean and newly painted in a brown/tan color. The inside of the restaurant is nicely appointed with a seperate lounge area and booths in the back. Like one of my co-workers said, it is nice to find a restaurant where you can actually talk and not have to scream over each other because of noise. Loved the oil paintings on the wall and the '40s Big Band Frank Sinatra sounds on the stereo. Am a vegetarian and ordered the grilled squash sandwich with aoli sauce; wonderful. My friend had a smoke pastrami sandwich with ground mustard that he raved about and would not shut up about on the drive home. So glad we came across this place, it actually seems like it belongs in LA, sophisticated and cozy. Redding needs more non-chain type, upscale restaurants. I will bring my business colleagues here for lunch or dinner when I am in town.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had the blue cheese fillet, very nice. Prices are high, but for a nice night out was a treat.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

At first, it appears to be a bar...then you are taken thru the bar to the small eating area~ which is done very tastefully. The food is excellent and the service is quite good. I would recommend it!

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We tried Clearie's the first time on a "date night". We both found the restaurant both charming and comfortable. As long time Redding residents, we know the Doc Clearie history. The server, Jennifer was wonderful....knowledgeable regarding the menu/specials, very attentive w/an equally good sense of humor. The filet (med. rare) was perfect...better than Jack's!! My chicken marsala was delicious, as well. I do agree with other reviewers, the entrance is kind of strange...thru a curtain, right to the bar. But, Clearie's is well worth an evening out.