“it's not the ritz, but it's decent”
Review of Travel Inn

Travel Inn
Travel Inn
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Redding
San Francisco, California
“it's not the ritz, but it's decent”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

It wasn't the *very* cheapest in Redding, but I liked the reviews I saw elsewhere.

When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised - and exhausted - so that was a good thing. The woman at the front desk was kind. The motel seems to be run by a married couple.

The room and motel itself does seem to be kind of outdated, but the room I stayed in was clean, the bed was very soft (mattress was plush, bedding pretty decent), TV was functional and had the normal channels you'd expect, there was a large (not-so) mini-fridge, the room itself wasn't so small and the only large negative is that the bathroom was rather outdated. Small negatives would be the wifi was a bit slow and there was some sound leaking from the neighboring room but it wasn't horrible. If I had been here more than a night or with a family, I might have cared that the pool was a horrible eyesore, but I really didn't.

Yeah, Redding is kind of a dump and the area sucks - but this is pretty much where people stop while driving through. So for what it is, this place is decent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Melissa T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed June 24, 2012

People were shooting up across the street. The creditcard terminal was not functioning. My reservation was not on file. Just a lot of little things that add up.
When we got in the room there was no soap. There was mold in the shower. My wife made me rip off the sheets and look for bedbugs. We didn't find any, but the place was so crusty my wife convinced me that we were better off driving home to San fran. So here I am at 1am hyped up on coffee reviewing.
If it had been a motel6 quality id be asleep right now.
I wasn't expecting much for the price. I mean lets face it, if you're considering this motel you are cheap like me. But I chose to eat the $65 from the reservation and drive home rather than spend the night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anon Y

Travelers are raving about these Redding hotels

Travelers also viewed these Redding hotels
Stardust Motel
#18 of 36 in Redding
Thunderbird Lodge
Thunderbird Lodge
#7 of 36 in Redding

Been to Travel Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travel Inn

Property: Travel Inn
Address: 1040 Market St, Redding, CA 96001-0512
Location: United States > California > Redding
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Travel Inn 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Travel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.