“love the atmosphere”
Review of Tapas Downtown - CLOSED

Tapas Downtown
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Shasta County's best restaurant featuring an eclectic menu of Mediterrean foods. Full bar and fantastic wine list. Enjoy casual dining by sharing tapas or indulging in our full lunch and dinner menu.EVERY Thursday NIGHT 1/2 PRICE BOTTLES OF WINE!!!! GIVE US A TRY
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I really love the atmosphere at Tapas. Great ambiance. I went there solo on New Year's Day to journal. I had the Chicken Brocheta Plate and it was good. The coffee was flavorful as well. I had excellent service the whole time I was there. I'm thankful Redding has Tapas Downtown!

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I went with a friend to Tapas. I was not impressed. The service was very slow. The restaurant was not busy, but the waitress would just disappear for long periods of time. She wasn't available for menu questions or to get us refills on drinks. I thought the food was o.k. and a different choice for Redding, but the cost seemed to me to be way to high for what we received. I did like the atmosphere, and my friend and I had plenty of time for conversation, since it took a very long time to get our order.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ok we had some good tapas and a delicious Greek dinner salad, but what really turned this stopover repast into an experience was a dessert called Crema Catalan. It's a particularly shortbread-like creme brûlée with a phantasmic pomegranate reduction topping that delighted our senses, including visual. Excellent!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have heard lots of good things about Tapas, and wanted to LOVE it. However, it wasn't as great as I'd hoped. First off, it smelled very strange when we walked in; I didn't smell food from the kitchen at all, just an odd stale smell. My husband and I ordered from the dinner menu; each of us tried a different chicken dish. The chicken was dry and overcooked in both our dishes. The mushroom/garlic sauce with mine was very good, as were the mashed potatoes. My husband said his olive/red wine sauce was bland and had only 3 or 4 olives. Not bad, just not anything special. Maybe we should have tried the tapas menu instead.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Although the menu held promise, the food was average at best. Chilis were over salted. The chrarcuterie dish had meat that was fat with no prosciutto. The menu also had confusing gluten free labelling. Server was friendly.