“Thursday rocks!”
Review of Tapas Downtown - CLOSED

Tapas Downtown
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Shasta County's best restaurant featuring an eclectic menu of Mediterrean foods. Full bar and fantastic wine list. Enjoy casual dining by sharing tapas or indulging in our full lunch and dinner menu.EVERY Thursday NIGHT 1/2 PRICE BOTTLES OF WINE!!!! GIVE US A TRY
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We arrived into town on a super hot day in Redding. According to reviews of the city, we stopped into Tapas on Thursday night. Wow. It was early in the evening and the place was packed. It was really cute inside and our waitress informed us of their half-off wine night. She was very helpful in finding us a wine that was perfect for our meal. The food was very flavorful (we both had steaks that were cooked to perfection). Great choice to go to. The only complaint was it was hot in the restaurant, but I guess that's what happens when it is 110+ degrees outside!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

DW & I had lunch at Tapas Downtown in Redding and were very pleased. She had a house salad & loved it. I had a ground beef empanada. We shared an order of fried oysters. The oysters came with a very nice dipping sauce.
I should have gotten the chorizo empanada. The ground beef was a little bland. I think some type of a signature sauce or gravy lightly drizzled over it or served alongside would give it some more flavor.

The decor & service were excellent. We will definitely go back for a dinner.

1  Thank James R
Christine S, Owner at Tapas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Hi, So happy you enjoy Tapas.

On of my cooks created the empanada you tried and I agree it was lacking in the flavor profile I try to create. I'm working with him to understand the importance of developing flavors.
The house empanada is good but the del dia is usually very special.
Thanks for the review and for your patronage.

Christine A. Silver
Owner/Executive Chef

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stopped in Redding for the second time this year and went to a little place we knew would be open on Sunday night. Our movie star server was a real pleasure and the food was tasty as usual. This has always been a spot we go to when we want good food that we know is made with care. I'd recommend the bacon dates to anyone!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

On our way from Sacramento Airport in route to Mount Shasta. We Wanted to stop for dinner so I looked on trip advisor for "#1 spot in downtown". Tapas Downtown was it. So, thank you trip advisor reviewers. Great recommend. It was perfect for us. It's Mediterranean. We ordered hummus, empanadas, and skewers. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been several times. I love the idea of tapas, but this isn't it.
Mainly I have been for lunch and for the tapas and drinks. Each time I am disappointed. It is expensive, and the food is average to sometimes poor. Last time I sat at the bar and ordered a Gin and Tonic, when it arrived I took one sip and said there is something wrong maybe it is your tonic and the bartender said, well here try some, and yup it was club soda! She said well other people have said the same thing do you want something else? I said yes a beer please and she said well that is cheaper anyway. I don't understand if they know they are serving club soda in G&T's why they don't fix the problem. I wanted to really like this place, but after about 5 times, I think I have to give up. I cannot imagine how this place gets a good rating by others.

1  Thank tae530