“Unique twist on fish tacos”
Review of Moonstone Bistro

Moonstone Bistro
Ranked #10 of 305 Restaurants in Redding
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Phone number (530) 241-3663
Pasco, Washington
“Unique twist on fish tacos”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We found this restaurant reviewed on Trip Advisor, so when we were in Redding for a couple of days we sought it out. Unfortunately we fell between lunch and dinner, so the goat recipe that my husband wanted to try wasn't available. We both ended up ordering the fish tacos. They come with a slaw prepared with red pepper, red oinion, cabbage and cilantro, I think. Very tasty. The presentation of the tacos is unique. A basa is laid out the length of the platter on top of about 6 or 8 taco shells about 3 inches in diameter. There is a sauce drizzled on top, so we started at one end, making these tiny tacos. The fish was done perfectly, the sauce complimented the fish and the slaw was a nice crunchy side. We enjoyed it so much we came home and have tried to duplicate the meal. I have a feeling everything there would be just as beautiful and delicious.

As a side note, there is a great hiking trail across the road (kind of in back of the Starbucks) that we walked with our dog. I think we went at least 1.5 miles before we turned back. Lots of birds and beautiful habitat.

“OH YEAH”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hands down the best burger i have ever eaten. The fish tacos were really good also. A must if you are in Redding looking for good food.

1 Thank Mercedesmom
Northern California
“Locavore delights!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We ate at Moonstone for the first time in several months. As always, service was friendly and helpful. She had the free range chicken and gravy on corn and potatoes. I had the steak stroganoff. Both were fantastic! She had a house custom martini, and I had a Redding oatmeal beer. Both were also recommended. We won't wait six months to return! Moonstone changes its menu regularly, and operates in the slow food style. Delicious and fun!

Redding, California
“Sooooo good although pricy”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This was the first time I had been here. We both had the filet and it was smooth a velvet and I have to say better than Jack's (my normal favorite place for steaks) it was amazing! The service was good too. I thought 9.50 for a glass of house wine was kinda high. I would go back for a special occasion as it was wonderful, but not for a weekly meal. Our two filets and two glasses of wine came up to $94. Very delicious, I heard they were changing their menu over the next day.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank TammyBetrus
Redding, California
“Simply marvelous”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Embracing the slow food movement in their menu, Moonstone Bistro provides imaginative locally sourced cuisine that changes with the seasons. Savvy waitstaff and the ever present owner/chefs make for a real culinary delight. Local produce shines year around as does grass fed beef and free rsnge chicken Fish and pasta dishes shine in their freshness, safe from overly heavy sauces. Desserts to make you swoon.

• Visited December 2012