“Bistro Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone number (530) 241-3663
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The restaurant is small , service is always friendly and careful of their clientele. Good selection of wines. Food is fresh and it does not fluctuate in quality.

1  Thank 530Gypsy

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We visited this restaurant on a hot August day after a visit to the Turtle Bay Exploration Park. We read about it in the local magazines, and decided to try it out. As another reviewer mentions, the location is in a mall, so we were a bit hesitant when we got there. I asked to see the menu, and as it was 3 O'clock they were only serving the all-day menu (i.e. too late for lunch, too early for dinner). We decided to stay and try it out - it did look pretty good on the inside, but we did not know what to expect. Oh yeah, and I put to practice the one conclusion I had come to from our California trip, and asked them to hold the cilantro.
We ordered the mushroom-teriyaki burger, the fish tacos, and another cheeseburger (we asked for it to be plain - and got it - but the bun was toasted, so we asked for a non-toasted bun and got that too - in general, they are very accomodating) for the girls to share. But to start off, we got the calamari.
What can I say - it was the best calamari I've had (and I've had quite a few...), it came with a sweet, tangy sauce (I don't know what it was), and was just perfect! Then the mains we ordered arrived. My fish tacos were good - the fish was served filleted on small, spicy tortillas. However, it paled in comparison to the mushroom teriyaki burger, which was divine - I can still taste it now (it's only about a week later, but still...). And I don't even like teriyaki!!!!
For dessert we had the upside down lemon meringue, which was a meringue, with a lemony cream over it, and graham cracker mousse over it, and graham cracker crumbs around it. It was amazing as well!
I don't know if the chef was just having a good day or what, but this was definitely one of the best meals we had on our trip to California, if not t-h-e best.

1  Thank N G
Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a small restaurant located next to Starbucks in a strip mall that is off the main area. The food is really excellent, and it is apparent that the chef is quite talented. The menu, while not extensive, provides interesting choices, and every time I have gone there for lunch or dinner I have had an excellent meal. The regular portion of wine is an 8 oz. pour.

2  Thank Uncleguido50
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We loved this place. Sophisticated atmosphere and excellent food. Can be crowded. Located by itself in a shopping center so you may have to look for it.

2  Thank SaguaroJoe
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I've eaten at Moonstone a few times. Each time I have a new anticipation of food greatness but get slightly disappointed.

Food is fresh and artfully prepared but so far what I have ordered has landed flat in flavor. The menu is very small so I often struggle as the limited selection often does not intice me.
On the good side the ingredient are local and fresh.
On the bad side it is EXPENSIVE.

I'll likely go again