“Tight spaces”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Redding
Los Angeles, California
“Tight spaces”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The rooms were quite small. We just came from the Sacramento Fairfield Inn. In comparison, the room here in Redding was Much smaller. The common space was also very tight. Maybe it's the proximity to Lake Shasta? There were lots of teens running up and down the halls, by the pool, in the dining area. Just crazy. They ran out of seating for breakfast, but had plenty of food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Merritt Island, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We sure do live coming to this hotel for our visit on the west coast. Always so clean and the staff is GREAT! We also, like to check on the infamous, Jack the Hotel Cat he is so friendly.
As I have said, if you want to feel at home at the Fairfield this is the place to stay!
And we will be back!!!

Room Tip: We like the corner rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Geri R
Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Where ever I go, I always prefer to stay at Fairfield. However, the stay at this particular hotel was incredible. From the moment I walked in the door until the very moment I had to leave. The staff was professional, but friendly enough to make me feel as if I was staying with friends. It was very clean throughout. The room was comfortable and the bed was more comfortable than my own! I will definitely be back! The coffee, if you're a coffee drinker, you'll really enjoy that as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SammiSS70
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love staying at this hotel not only because of the amazing rooms but because of how exceptional the staff is as well. I am usually always checked in by Andrea and she is just a doll. I recently had a horrible experience at the Towneplace suites, which is the new Marriott that they have in Redding california, where the rooms were so bad and so small that I checked out of the hotel and practically ran back to the spacious rooms at the Fairfield. It is always such a pleasure to stay there, they make me feel like I am at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stopped here on my way way from San Diego to Portland. It was easy to find so I stopped. Hotel looked nice and tidy, the girl at the front desk was nice and the rates were fair. Had a good night's sleep and got up early for breakfast around 6 am. Had a big meal of buiscuits and gravy, eggs and sausage, I skipped all the healthy stuff. Practically had the place to myself that early but was filling up when I left. I promised the girl at breakfast I would leave her a good comment and I am a man of my word. Thanks Marriot!

Room Tip: DOn't miss breakfast
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank capronrico
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the nicest Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed in. My fiancé and I were very impressed with this hotel. It is modern, clean, affordable and in a great location.

The front desk staff not only recommended a great restaurant for dinner, she also handed us driving directions from the hotel to the restaurant.

We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Redding.

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank DonnaN714
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First off I would like to make a shout out to Reyna she was absolutely wonderful!!! She was so friendly and helpful to me every morning at breakfast, Thank you Reyna for such wonderful customer Service!! The hotel was very clean and well kept I was very impressed! BUT the absolute best was the hotel cat JACK! I loved this animal so much and it was so hard to say goodbye! Never had I stayed at a hotel with a designated pet it was a very special and memorable experience. I would recomend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends