“Best Location and Hotel in Redding”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Ranked #1 of 37 Hotels in Redding
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My family, on a trip to Disneyland coming from Bend, Oregon stayed at this hotel and could not have been happier. The hotel was very new, and was perfect for our family of 4 for a night where everyone was comfortable and needing a good night sleep. The Hotel is located right off I5 and has a nice pool and hottub and is perfect for what are needs were. After our return the kids asked if we could stay at the same hotel in Redding that we stayed on the way to Disneyland. On the way back we were very happy to book another night at the Fairfield Marriott in Redding. The Breakfast was first class, and a great way to get you going in the morning. I have stayed at a number of Marriott, Fairfields and this one is top shelf.

Room Tip: Any Room is Fantastic.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gabriella P

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Was welcomed with open arms by the staff here. Great refreshing attitude towards my service dogs from the staff. Very clean and comfy. Breakfast had a waffle bar, eggs, cereal, you name it. Actually hated to leave such a nice friendly place.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We stayed here last weekend. We arrived late at night and there were only rooms left on the first floor, which was fine for us. The staff was friendly upon check in. Pets were allowed and saw some cute dogs. The room was smaller than I would have expected, but fit two double beds, a desk, table, nightstand and sitting chair with a little bit of walking room. There was a small closet with plenty of hangers to hang our jackets/coats. Thermostat was easy to change in room. Extra bedding was available. Room was clean. Bed was a little softer than we are used to, but it was o.k. Breakfast was the reason we picked this hotel and it did not disappoint. Lots of choices. Sausage & Gravy, bagels, toast, fresh fruit, items to microwave, oatmeal, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juice, hard boiled eggs... I'm sure I left something out, but there was a nice presentation and plenty to choose from. No fridg or micro in room if that matters to you. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank sutrotower
Reviewed October 31, 2011

The staff was friendly. The room was on the small side. Would have liked to have had the cool air from outside, but the window only opened inches, so the air conditioner blew on us all night. The breakfast was generous with a very nice selection.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Orphie27
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very nice hotel - I had stayed in another Fairfield earlier this year in another state and this one was almost exactly like that one - all remodeled - check in was easy - room was great - I did have to look for the hair dryer - found it in the closet - no information anywhere as to where it was located - room was quiet and comfortable - kind of small with limited space to place my luggage - but otherwise just fine.

Breakfast bar was really good with lots of cold and hot choices - the only thing I did not like was the coffee - tried it twice - bitter and just not tasty both times - there was a small convenience store in the hotel and you could charge items to your room - they never asked for any kind of ID though - just my room # - seemed like someone could cheat on that for sure and list another room

The hotel had a cat - that surprised me - I petted him a bit, but the next day saw him outside carrying a mouse - wondered if he ever brought dead animals in the hotel lobby or other locations of the hotel - seemed strange for a hotel to have a cat - named Jack - I wonder what Marriott thinks about it - It did not bother me and I am not allergic to cats, but someone checking in might be and that could be a problem for sure as the cat sleeps in the lobby which is right next to the food service too.

Room Tip: This hotel is not close to restaurants but it is very convenient to the freeway and to Bethel Church...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The location is a bit tricky, but this is a good spot, especially if you have Marriott rewards. The room was clean, well-appointed, and comfortable, as a newer property should be. We liked the beds. Despite being close to the highway, it was quiet. Ask for a room facing the entry parking lot.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zrdc
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Great for our long drive. Located right off of I-5, yet very quiet. Only complaint is the king bed was very soft and lumpy.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the freeway
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple