“Pleasant surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Redding
Mountain Gate RV Park
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We had just spent five hours slogging up I-5 in the pouring rain and just didn't want to face heading up into the mountains. We've seen this RV park from the road so decided to stop and see if they could accomodate us. They were so friendly and welcoming that we're now going to use this park as our stopover whenever we head south. The park is very clean and the showers were awesome. I liked the way the sites were terraced and there was enough room for our slideout. The dog park was a wonderful way for our dog to get his ya-yas out after being cooped up in the truck for hours.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JoAnn J
There are newer reviews for Mountain Gate RV Park

Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on route to Disneyland from Edmonton, Canada. We were there at the beginning of April so still in "winter" mode. Found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. Close to Redding for convenience. There was also a RV store close which we needed to make a couple of fixes.
Not really sure we would want to call this a long term stay, but a couple days was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark Y
Reviewed January 20, 2012

A welcome site after a long day driving in rain and high winds. Made reservations from my laptop on the road. We pulled in, checked in and were at our site within minutes and setting up our RV. The staff were friendly and helpful. Had cabel, wi-fi th and a free continental breakfast. The park was quiet and clean. I believe they have a pool and play area...which we didn't use as there was a winter storm warning and we practically could swim outside our door from all the rain...LOL. We will head out in the morning weather permitting. But will remember this park to use in the future.

Room Tip: This is a RV park so hopefully you bring your room with you...but I would ask for the section of the...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way back to Calgary . Park is clean and dog area fenced and also very clean. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Spots were short but level and table a nice addition if weather were good.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nov1
Reviewed December 5, 2009

On my way back south after the wild north coast of Oregon. I pulled Mt Gate out of my Woodall CD - noted a very high rating for facilities. All true. Receptionist, Bonnie, very friendly and welcoming. Owner, Pat, friendly and helpful. He spotted me while I launched my motor scooter from the rear carrier. He also loaned me his long cable cutter to cut off a couple locks that wouldn't open.

This park serves a continental breakfast, gratis, of English muffins, bagels, mini donuts, coffee, tea and a toaster. A pleasant way to start my day.

All the pads are pull thru, flat with nice ceramic picnic table sitting on the grass lawn surrounding my coach. A nice fenced and gated dog area is large enough for large dogs - like my Not So Great Dane, Beka.

I will enjoy to stay here, a week this time, on my trips north and south, following the sun.

John aboard "Journeyman"

Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank journeyman134
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Nice convenient place to stay. The staff is very friendly and the spaces are layed out so they are easy to get in and out of. They also have wifi so I was able to check my email while there.

There were nice fenced pet areas so I could let my dog out to run around.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Conveniently located just off the freeway (yes, there is some freeway noise), this older park is fine for a night. Many of the residents are long-term live-ins, but everything is fairly tidy and neat. There were young trees in the section where we stayed, with nice little lawns.

Many of the sites are terraced on a slight hill, which may not be suitable for big rigs. Roads are paved and pads are concrete, and while the sites are reasonably sized, the pads are quite narrow. There are full hookups and cable TV. We could not get wi-fi at our site.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Showers are sparkling clean and well maintained. They have a poor design though, with nothing to stop the water from soaking the dressing area.

There is a pool, convenience store, nice clean laundry, and club house. They also sell propane.

Not a destination park, but fine for a night.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple