All reviews great hosts rooms are spacious rick connie privacy accommodations california
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We loved our stay at Apples' River B&B - wish we could've stayed longer! It was easy to access and in a quiet neighborhood. The place was immaculate with inviting rooms and gardens to sit and relax. The bed was so comfy it felt great to crawl into and sleep after a long day of traveling. The next day we enjoyed walking along the paved Sacramento River trail hiking/biking path that had trail access right next to the house. Bring your bicycle if you want to go further on this trail - it goes for miles and is just beautiful along the river. Connie made a fabulous breakfast upon our return from the early morning walk. Ric & Connie were gracious hosts that make you feel welcome and at home. We will definitely go there again!

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank Paula G
Reviewed May 4, 2014

A beautiful home with interesting, kind and knowledgable hosts Connie and Ric. Connie went out of her way to pick up my favorite coffee cup that I had left at a restaurant! Seriously, I came home from a very long day of work and mentioned that I left the coffee cup--and she called the restaurant and then went and got it for me. So sweet. Redding is such a friendly town--Ric and Connie put the cherry on top of my experience. You'll want to stay here--the garden is outstanding.

Thanks Connie and Ric!

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Stacey D
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Apples' River House is in a quiet residential neighborhood. Right next to the house is a paved path down to the Sacramento River, perfect for a relaxing stroll. The house is modern and was intentionally designed by the owners to be a bed and breakfast. There are three rooms, all ensuite, with attractive contemporary furnishings. The backyard has nice landscaping with several water features and is a great place to sit with a glass of wine, which is set out for guests every evening. The owners couldn't be nicer and treat you just like friends or family. Connie prepared a tasty breakfast in the morning and served it late so we could sleep in. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2014
2  Thank SiskiyouTraveler
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I travel to Redding on business every few months. When I found Apples' River House I finally felt like I could sleep! Rick and Connie are like family to me now, I always look forward to sharing a glass of wine with them at the end of the day and to seeing Connie's smiling face in the morning for breakfast! The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, I love the fireplace/heaters and the beds are so comfortable! The garden is beautiful and the house sits right next to miles of walking trails. I refuse to stay anywhere else, I would make my travel plans according to availability of my room! This is my highest recommendation!

Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed November 4, 2013

First of all, the house is immaculate ... nicely decorated, modern furnishings, comfortable everything. The set-up is such that the bedroom felt private, it was plenty of space for 2 people and it had a balcony overlooking the patio. And the patio is great - lots of care and attention goes into this garden. The walking path is literally right behind the house.. you're on the Sacramento Trail within a minute. On top of all of this, Ric & Connie are wonderful hosts....down-to-earth people that make you feel welcome. We spent a good deal of time talking with them on the patio, over a glass of wine. Of course there was no pressure to visit, but Ric and Connie were so cool, we wanted to hang out! And the next morning, Connie made a nice breakfast...scrambled eggs w/ veggies, toast and fruit. Truly the best accommodation over our 2-week road trip....great place, great location, great price and great people. Thanks Ric and Connie!

Date of stay: September 2013