“Can't beat it”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Los Angeles
“Can't beat it”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Red Bluff is a quaint town, with a literal Main Street. Much more interesting than Redding. For a little over $100, we had a two queen bed suite with a sitting area and a bar area with mini-fridge and microwave. The room was large compared to other places we have stayed with the same amenities. Super clean and comfortable. Fresh baked cookies at night. Friendly staff. About an 1 and 15 minutes from Lassen Volcanic National Park.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Lake Forest, CA
Reviewed July 22, 2010

Very nice hotel with special touches. Reserved a single room with king-sized bed. Pretty decor with a great mattress! I was very pleased to learn that the bedding is completely changed between guests. Even the bed cover! Thank you, Hampton! All of the amenities were much appreciated since I forgot my travel iron, shampoo and mouthwash. All were part of the deal and waiting for me in my room! The complimentary continental breakfast was nice as was the breakfast to go! I felt that the staff were really concerned about my comfort and that is much appreciated by this business traveler! Overall good value and pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chico, California
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I have stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but that was about 15 years ago so I will consider this my first stay.

Our stay coincided with the huge, annual Red Bluff Roundup rodeo and I'm sure this had an effect on pricing (in a negative way), and possibly service (in a positive way.) Without a doubt every room was booked and the hotel was packed full.

Everything looked brand new inside and out. Extremely clean and well maintained. I enjoyed the decor with the random pictures theme that also carried over into the rooms. The lobby was medium to large sized with leather couches, a flat screen TV, and free coffee choices. There was a personalized letter in our room welcoming us. We also received a call from the front desk about 15 minutes after entering our room to confirm everything was satisfactory. The free WiFi worked great. The beds were extremely comfortable as were the pillows, and the linens were spotless. Nice selection of channels on the TV. We were facing the front of the hotel and the curtains did an excellent job at blocking out the external lighting. Considering the amount of people in the hotel I was satisfied with the level of sound, which is almost nothing. We could not hear any sounds from neighboring rooms. We could see the train tracks from our room, and yes trains did go by, but the sound was not loud enough for us to consider it a problem.

Nitpicks would include a very loud fan on the HVAC system, and a less than perfect shower head.

This is an impressive hotel and we would stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank troobie
previse
Reviewed April 21, 2010

It’s unusual to find a motel without minor (or major) problems, and you seldom find a really nice lace at a reasonable price, which makes this a happy surprise. We’ve been on a long driving trip, and it is the best place we stayed. It is one of the least expensive.

Warm welcome, efficient check in, large well-appointed room that looks clean and smells clean, excellent breakfast, a nice work area with a solid internet connection, good nearby restaurants.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jon V
Seattle
Reviewed November 17, 2009

This was our 2nd stay at the Hampton in Red Bluff. The first time was in August of this year. Back in August, we drove from a day at Yosemite National Park all the way to the Red Bluff Hampton, arriving at about 10 pm. The front desk manager, a friendly and engaging gal named Tess, very kindly kept the pool open for an extra hour so my kids could go swimming. That made my kids' day and ensured we would be coming back.

We arrived after a long trip from Seattle for this most recent trip and were happy to see Tess back at the front desk. She remembered us--my kids were so happy. She found out it was my son's birthday and moved us up into a suite. She made sure we had plenty of cookies, helped the kids choose a treat from the "Suite Shop," and ensured our stay was going well.

The rooms are gorgeous, never had a problem with room noise, and will always come back because they treated my kids perfectly. Thank you, Tess! You have gained customers for life!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank duanesm
Sacramento CA
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The rooms are smaller than most Hamptons, but cozy and adequate, except for the workspace, which was cramped. I was on the back side and had a lovely view of a farmer's field through the trees, with the hills in the distance. In the evenings there were wild turkeys in the field. The breakfast bar was adequate, clean, and well stocked. All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful. I did not hear the trains.
On the down side, there is no wi-fi in the rooms. Internet access is through a wired connection, so you have to sit at the (very small) desk. And the walls in this hotel are very thin, which means you can hear everything that is going on in the next room. I have not experienced noise like this in any other Hampton.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was traveling from Yosemite to Southern Oregon with (2) 14 year old girls and wanted a comfortable room for the night. I can always count on Hampton Inn for a comfortable bed, friendly service, and a good, hot breakfast - and this location did not disappoint me. It was conveniently located off the highway and was easy to find. The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and allowed my teenagers to check me in while I parked the car - all I had to do was sign on the dotted line. My room was quiet and very comfortable, the room was clean, the shower had perfect water pressure, and the free internet was simple to use. Thanks Hampton Inn!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff
Classic Inn
Classic Inn
#12 of 16 in Red Bluff

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff? Share your experiences!