“A great place to stay.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This facility was perfect for us, as we were heading down I-5 to our vacation destination. Easy access on and off the freeway and still very quiet. Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed a swim in the pool upon our arrival. The staff was excellent ~ we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Loretta S

Reviewed June 20, 2013

If you plan on traveling along Interstate 5, you certainly must stay at the Hampton Hotel in Red Bluff, California. Our stay at this hotel exceeded my family's expectations. This hotel is certainly a diamond and worth you staying there. We will certainly be returning there on our vacation in the years to come.

1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a nice location right off of I-5. The rooms were very comfortable and spacious. When I called about the rooms in the afternoon, they promised hot cookies when we arrived. Well, problems with the oven made it difficult for the staff to deliver, even after going downstairs to check on their status repeatedly. After about 1/2 hour post-arrival, deliver they did! The staff brought our cookies to our room, much to our delight :)

There is some train noise, but during the night it wasn't noticeable if you ran the fan in the air conditioner. Breakfast the next morning was excellent and there were plenty of choices.

I highly recommend this hotel. Great staff and a great value and location.

1  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was everything we have come to expect from Hampton Inn and Suites. It has all the amenities that we needed ie" pool, fitness room, complimentary breakfast and even cookies in the evening. The staff, particularly Tess, were very friendly and responsive to our questions and needs. There was even a wine and appetizer event while we were there. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Hilton's website brought me to the Hampton Inn and Suites Red Bluff when I was in NorCal for a project -- though the project was in Chico, this was the closest Hilton family property (the commute, at least for the three nights I was in town was actually rather pleasant).

The staff was fantastic and the hotel provided a great exterior first impression. Check in was efficient, but the first red flag went up when I stepped out of the elevator and was hit by an almost overwhelming odor of smoke in the 2nd floor hallway -- unlike anything I've ever smelled in a hotel's public space. I'm very sensitive to that smell and, had it not been 11PM, may have flipped on my heals and checked out before ever seeing the room. (It's worth noting that that smell was absent the 2nd and 3rd nights of my stay so I'm not sure what changed)

I made it past the malodorous wall and to my room which was extremely clean and spacious (plus bonus points for the in room DirecTV). I had noticed that several of the reviews here had mentioned noise from room-to-room and was happy to find that the noise was absent -- until 6 AM the morning of my second stay when I was awoken by a sound that seemed as if someone would be falling through the floor into the bed next to me (at least I didn't have to worry about over sleeping the alarm) -- and nose from above was noticeable for the rest of the stay. There was virtually no noise whatsoever from outside the hotel, however.

My only other concern had to do with security -- I found a few "Fire Door -- Keep Closed" doors propped open, a minor pet peeve, and a little more troubling a "This Door Is Locked for Your Protection / Use Room Key" side door was completely unlocked -- however, when I mentioned that to the front desk, the employee seemed just as troubled as I was and promised to fix it immediately.

Otherwise, the stay was everything I expected with a very accommodating staff -- it's just the unfortunate assault on the senses from the initial smell (again -- not there on subsequent nights) and the noise from the room above that knocks the rating down a bit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have been to this Hampton Inn on several occasions on our way to California from Oregon. Staff always friendly and rooms are always ready for us and comfortable. Breakfast include the waffles which are very tasty.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Best Stay EVER. The Hampton Inn & Suites in Red Bluff is far and above the best stay that I have ever enjoyed. I have stayed at many fine hotels and resorts and there is ALWAYS an issue during the stay. NO SO with Hampton...this was probably the one perfect stay in my experience. From the accomodations to the staff to the hot breakfast I suffered only ONE issue. After breakfast on my day of checkout my room key card would not open my room door. A quick trip to the front desk was all it took to restore my key card. I met a software programmer while at the front desk...he was updating the card entry software and room entry was temporarilly interrupted for some rooms, but the desk attendant had the issue resolved in less than one minute. FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE - THANK YOU HAMPTON AND STAFF!! Oh, the bed was a single King - the mattress was superb.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff
Classic Inn
Classic Inn
#12 of 16 in Red Bluff

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff? Share your experiences!