“Comfy Beds”

Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We recently stayed at this hotel on our return from Disneyland. We arrived late and very tired. As I was unloading our car, I was deafened by the roar of a train. When we discovered our room was on the same side as the tracks we asked to move and our request was immediately granted. I don't think anyone heard the train again. The cons: walls seemed to be on the thin side, doors closed very loudly unless extreme efforts were taken, train could be a problem. Pros: room was very clean, beds and linens were fantastic, breakfast included. I would stay at Hampton again, but prob. another location.

Stayed: April 2008
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff

Reviewed March 22, 2008

I stay at this hotel for several nights almost every month. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in the greater Redding area. Customer service has been exceptional. Before construction began a few years ago, I overheard the general manager interview a prospective employee, and I was impressed with his comments that stressed customer satisfaction over all else. So I made a point of booking a room shortly after they opened.
In addition to the incredible customer service, month after month, year after year, I find the beds to be very comfortable, the rooms are very clean, and everything always works as it should. There is a small workout room; I like the proximity of the hotel to the huge family fitness center at the other end of town. I also like the proximity to the drive-through coffee place across the street. I read another review that criticized the noise from the train tracks. I am a very light sleeper and while I have heard some noise occasionally, I did not find it prohibitive. I would not continue to stay at this hotel regularly if the train noise was a serious issue for me.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2007

a fine place to say with the notable exception of the train crossing right out the front door.

I travel all throughout CA for work. This was hands down the loudest hotel i have stayed at in recent years. Plenty of places have trains rumble by in the night. In Red Bluff however, you get to hear the train crossing gates come down (ding ding ding), the train horn (woohooo woohoo), and the rumbling of the train itself..

as best i can tell there is a:
12:30am train
1:30am train
2:30am train

it is across the street and earplugs can only do so much.

Stayed: November 2007

Travelodge Red Bluff
#8 of 16 in Red Bluff
Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff
Best Western Plus Corning Inn

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Red Bluff? Share your experiences!