“Good food and mojitas”

Cuisines: Mexican
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good food and mojitas”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Good value restaurant. The food was very good and seemed more traditional than in some restaurants I have visited.

Visited July 2012

Merced, California
“Great find”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Good food, good drinks, nice people. The only thing was service was very slow, but in all fairness they were extremely busy and eventually called in help to help. All in all I would go back.

Visited July 2012
Longview, Washington
“Ok, but not outstanding”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My definition of great Mexican is shaped by the home cooking I experienced in friends homes growing up. These were recipes being prepared by folks only one generation in our country. What I experienced at Casa Ramos was nothing close to my definition. It was not bad, in fact it was ok, but real Mexican food it was not.

Stopped in for lunch with a client to chat and complete some paperwork. We both ordered the $5.99 lunch special, a chicken taco with rice and beans, chips and salsa. They waitstaff was prompt and courteous and our food arrived quickly.

The tacos were crunchy shells filled with strips of chicken, lettuce and bits of tomato. The rice and beans were hot but unremarkable. The whole affair could come prepackaged from the grocery store. Don't get me wrong, it was good and filling, and at $5.99 a good buy. But real Mexican food it was not.

Overall I did not like or dislike Casa Ramos. It was just unremarkable food served by a good waitstaff. For $5.99, you can get authentic, flavorful Mexican food from the lunch trucks in the area. However I can recommend the tables. There was plenty of room to do paperwork.

May or may not be back.
27J

• Visited June 2012
Red Bluff, California
“One of our favorites”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First of all, I just want to note that this is apparently a good 1st date spot--the previous several girls my husband went out with before he met me, he took to one of the many Casa Ramos locations. We went elsewhere for our first date, and here we are, celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary. SO, maybe not the best of luck for a 1st date. But, DAMN fine food.

Their chips are warm and crisp, their salsa savory and juicy. Casa Ramos does a 2 for $20 meal deal with an app, and 2 entrees. Great value! I love their arroz con pollo, and my husband is a sucker for their fajitas. And they serve pepsi products, which I consider a win.

Visited May 2012
Agoura Hills, California
“Good food and convenient”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very close to the interstate. Good Mexican food. Friendly staff.