“Great Brand New Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
“Great Brand New Hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I love staying at Holiday Inn Express Hotels because of the consistency in rooms and amenities. This hotel was just recently opened and is one of the nicest Holiday Inn Express that I have stayed at.

Room was super clean and the breakfast was great as usual.

Staff were friendly and got me and my two young children checked in quickly.

I don't rate hotels based on their pancake machines and/or juice machines especially one that has been open less than a month.

There is a Gas station next door that sells food as well. It was a fun pitstop on our road trip.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Hermenator
Tess T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We truly believe in consistency and I think that's what makes our brand so popular and successful. Thank you for believing in us. We recognize that you have a choice in where you stay, and we sincerely appreciate you for choosing to stay with us here at our brand new Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff-South Redding Area hotel. We also appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and for recognizing what a great location the hotel is located in! We are grateful for guests like you. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kelowna, BC
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a brand new HIE. Easy access off the I-5. Front desk was really helpful and friendly. They gave the kids a little gift bag full of treats! The room was nice...and clean, but this hotel was 2 weeks new so it should have been clean! The pool was nice...kids enjoyed a swim after a long day in the car. Towels were a bit small though!

Breakfast girls were great, very friendly and efficient. The pancake machine was not working properly for us either. The poor girls were fighting with it....but in my experience those pancake machines never seem to work half the time. The waffle irons were better, but seem to be non-existent now. Maybe too much of a liability issue? They did manage to get my son a couple of funny looking pancakes, so he was happy in the end. ;-) The other breakfast fair was typical for a HIE. Breads, english muffins and bagels for toasting, cereals, milk, yogurt, bananas, biscuits, that thick sausage "gravy", egg patties, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls and coffee, tea and juices. The coffee was good. It was a nice way to start our day and get on the road early.

We plan our road trips around Holiday Inn Express hotels. We plan our drive times around where we can stay. We always stay in one when we do a big road trip. Always. Rooms are clean, beds are nice with nice fresh linens and breakfast is quick, easy and pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ErinDG
Thank you so much for your very kind review. We're so glad that you find the hotel to be a good stopover in Red Bluff California, and hope that you will come and stay with us again and again!
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at this property 1 week after it opened. Everything is new and fresh. I was disappointed that the pancake machine was not working. The juice machine splashed cranberry on the fresh cups and the ice maker on the first floor was inoperative. These are all fixable. Oh yes, the property is so new it did not come up on Google maps so that I could get the address and a route from the freeway. I am sure all of the above will be corrected shortly. Like I said it is new and fresh. I rated the value average because of no pancakes. I did not even look to see if they had a pool or fitness facility.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Robb5
Tess T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to write in. I appreciate your review of our breakfast, We are a new hotel and value our guests feed back. We have since fixed the pancake machine and juice machine is working great now. Yes, we do have a fitness center and a indoor heated pool and spa. Thanks again! Hope you will come stay with us again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Red Bluff
Americas Best Value Inn - Red Bluff
Classic Inn
Classic Inn
#12 of 16 in Red Bluff

Been to Holiday Inn Express Red Bluff - South Redding Area? Share your experiences!