“Hard to Find but Worth the Effort”
Review of Carlitos'

Carlitos'
Ranked #6 of 61 Restaurants in Red Bluff
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Irvine CA
“Hard to Find but Worth the Effort”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Carlitos' offers good food at a reasonable price. Portions are large. No signs on restaurant made it difficult to locate although location on Google Maps is correct.

• Visited July 2014

“Great food and service!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife, another couple, and I go here EVERY Friday night! I personally have been going here weekly since they opened. Needless to say, we're regulars. :)

Jorge runs a great restaurant, and truely enjoys his customers. He welcomes everyone as his guest.

We don't drink, but my friends that do - claim he had the best margaritas. I'll admit that on occasion, his supplier sends him some funky tasting chips. I'd guess this has happened to me two or three times in the last four+ years.

I can say that their food is always great though! Our favorites are the Pollo (or camarones) ala Crema, Ultimate Carne Asada, Chile Colorado, or bacon wrapped shrimp!

I highly doubt you'll be disappointed here! :)

Oregon
“Wow Fantastic!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had dinner at Carlitos' two nights ago, and had some of the best Mexican food in some time. The salsa was obviously homemade, the main courses were fresh and flavorful, and best of all the wait staff were just like family. What more could you ask for.

• Visited May 2014
Auburn, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Super yummy mexican food!”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We found this little hole-in-the-wall place on Tripadvisor while driving back home to Seattle and
decided to try it. Prices are very reasonable, and the food was very tasty. Hubby and I shared an entree and still took left-overs with us. Service was also stellar. A family of four arrived just before we did, anf they also said they were going to write a great review on Tripadvisor.

• Visited May 2014
Abbotsford BC
“the best Mexican!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The receptionist at my hotel recommended this one and, for once, they really got it right. Carlitos is a bit hard to find as it's off the main street in a strip mall; I suggest you use your phone's GPS. The restaurant is fairly large but has a very nice ambiance. The greeter and all the staff (all came by at some point) were very pleasant and professional. The menu is quite large with dishesthat looked more "authentic" than is usually the case. The food was outstanding. Although the usual chips were ...usual, the salsa was obviously made in house with fresh ingredients and a nice bite. I had a shrimp dish (can't recall name) that was outstanding. Best of all, the well-seasoned shrimp were cooked properly and were juicy rather than dried out and rubbery (as they usually seem to be). Even the standard beans were excellent and were light rather than gluey. All in all, one of the best Mexican meals I've had. If I lived in Red Bluff, this would be a regular treat.

• Visited April 2014