“Great Price, Good Room, Great Service”
Review of Classic Inn

Classic Inn
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Portland, Oregon
“Great Price, Good Room, Great Service”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We reserved a room at the Classic Inn online for VERY cheap. When we checked in, they were very helpful and polite. We asked about a good place to eat dinner, and they showed us a list they had made of restaurants they recommended. They then recommended a specific restaurant and gave us a voucher for a ten per cent discount. (See our review on Los Mariachi's) This is a very old motel, but our room was clean, comfortable, and the heater worked great. As the picture shows, the building is on a slight hill and the walkway has a moderate slope in a couple places. I was on crutches and had to be careful on the slopes, but it worked. All things considered, we would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert J K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tustin, California
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I travel often and the last time I paid a price like that for a hotel was 1980! What a deal!

Yes- it's certainly not the Taj Mahal. However, the room was clean, the wifi worked great, I had a flat screen TV, the air conditioner was powerful and the bathroom shower was very good.

I can't get over how inexpensive it was! And no, there were not roaches, bed bugs, or transients. The lone drawback is that it's not really close to any restaurants (3 blocks away) which I like as a solo motorcyclist.

Ok - so don't plan your honeymoon here but if you're looking for a nice and inexpensive place to stay - it's just fine.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SouthwestDude
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

If you're looking for clean, we'll kept motel don't stay here. The staff is not proficient in english and very hard to understand. When we got in the room it's very hot, worried ac wasn't working. It eventually did. The room is old and it shows. Unknown origin of stain on carpet so wear shoes at all times. The light switches are of the 70's era and not sure they would pass todays safety codes.
There is no fan in bathroom nor window (given the area I wouldn't want a window in bathroom). Don't be scared when you notice holes where deadbolt used to be, they now have electronic locks.
That and a chair jammed under door knob provided an even stronger sense of security. On a positive note the closet is a good size just difficult to access. There are no blankets on the beds, expecting you to use bedspread and no telling when they were washed last. The shocking find of mold on the box spring (yes, box spring) was disgusting. The shower is very small, old and in serious need of an industrial sized scrubbing. With the nightly and weekly rates I would highly recommend any other motel (even motel 6). They would have to be cleaner than this one
A positive is the flat screen tv, free wifi. (Have staff write password due to their limited English skills.

Room Tip: Try for first floor. Only one set of stairs to service second level.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Drmoman

Travelers are raving about these Red Bluff hotels

Santa Clara, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was making a last minute trip to Lassen Volcanic NP, and was looking for the cheapest place to spend the night on the way there. Classic Inn came up on my search engine as the motel with the best price and was conveniently on the way to Lassen.
I booked this place super cheap and thus expected kind of a dump when I got there, but hey, I was willing to deal with it for the price. Well, I was pleasantly surprised.
Ok, so there's nothing eye catching about the outside of the building. Just your average roadside motel. The grounds keeping was clean and well kept though. Had to wait a little bit to be checked in but the check in guys were pleasant and friendly. Manager gives you the password for the free wifi at check in, which worked great. I had no troubles or any lagging using it.
Noticed a vending machine and an ice machine by the stairs on the way up to my room. No free breakfast or coffee, but what do you expect for the price. The room itself was great. Very spacious with plenty of room to move around in. It had a tv with a good selection of channels, a mini fridge and microwave oven, 2 over-sized chairs and a coffee table, a lighted vanity sitting area with mirror, a walk-in closet, and a small bathroom with a shower (no bath) and toiletries (shampoo, lotion, soap). Everything was clean (well, as clean as a motel room can get), carpets and furniture were in good condition, and the room didn't smell (I slept in a non-smoking room). Remote was kind of grimy though. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the sheets were pretty soft. I was expecting a more lumpy, springy mattress, but it was very cushy and I slept comfortably that night.
Not sure about the thinness of the walls, I didn't here any sounds from other patrons, which was really nice. They could of all been really quiet though. Stayed on 4th of July weekend and it was hot, so it was a god send that the AC was working and it was strong. At first I thought the unit was broken since I couldn't get it to turn on, but I realized there's a switch by the door, right next to the light switch, that turns on the AC power.
My only gripe is the only available power outlets were in the bathroom, and I usually like to plug in my phone next to the bed and use it as a clock/alarm. There is no clock in the room, although I guess you could you the microwave but it was unplugged when I got there. Also, the window had a heavy black-out curtain but no lighter curtain to let in some light. You either had to be exposed to passerbys or stay in a darkened room.
Don't expect all the little extras like when you sleep in a well established hotel. But when it comes down to just needing the basic necessities, this place is fantastic. My stay was very comfortable, and I will definitely be staying here again on my next road trip north.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ginak724
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The rooms were very clean and recently remodeled. Fast and free WiFi in the rooms!The staff and management were nice and accommodating. I had a late reservation and the manager turned the A/C on in the room so it was cool upon arrival.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeffrey H
Eugene, OR
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Off the path with a couple really nice BIG rooms, though a bit worn. Owners live there and control the property well. You can negotiate a good and fair price too. I've stayed here several times on the way in/out of S. CA. with no problems. There are smoking rooms located far away from non-smoking too. Ask for the room above the office for a big one with a non-private sort of covered patio. It's worn, but clean with micro-fridges. Close to public park/swimming too.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — bathroom
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ohjames
Seattle
Reviewed September 8, 2007

Did not feel safe here. The long term guests appeared to be dealing drugs. They yelled at us for looking out the window. The motel appeared to be really on the cheap. we had to complain to get a remote for the TV and there was not enough toilet paper.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple