“A pleasant stay in Red Bluff”
Review of Motel 6 Red Bluff

Motel 6 Red Bluff
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Red Bluff
Kent, Washington, United States
“A pleasant stay in Red Bluff”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A pleasant greeting started my stay in Red Bluff. Check-in was quick and easy, with a follow-up to make sure everything was OK. Room was clean and reasonably priced. WiFi was available and easy to use. A good restaurant was available in the immediate vicinity. All in all, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: WiFi quick and easy to use.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Victoria S, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Red Bluff, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It's always so great to hear positive feedback from our Guest's. We look forward to serving you again.

Best Regards,
Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Portland, OR
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Pros - if all you want is a cheap place to sleep in route, this hotel does ok. Liked the new 'modern' deco. New everything, except maybe the AC unit and beds.

Cons - no full bathtub. New small shower stall. I booked online and expected to get the $39.99 rate on a Friday night but that rate didn't show up when I checked in (and I had paperwork to prove it). They gave me a 10% discount on the $45 rate which came close but that was still annoying to me (I paid a couple dollars more but why did have even mention what my rate was). They have me the ground floor as asked. They gave me hot water for my tea when asked. Some real questionable looking guests with cheap hotels but felt safe with my 2 kids. Pool out of commission (not that we wanted to use it but usually we would have).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Victoria S, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Red Bluff, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback.
We have remodeled, we will also be upgrading the a/c units .
Some of the larger Motel 6's to have bath tubs, Our floor plan is smaller, so we have shower stalls.
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2013

First I just want to say that I realize that this is a Motel 6 and not a Holiday Inn Express so I was aware that the amenities would be a bare minimum. After driving 12 hours we stopped here with a previous reservation we made based on the ok reviews from TA. When we entered the lobby around 10pm somebody obviously just finished smoking marijuana. I had to leave with my 3 year old because the stench was horrible and unsafe for my child. We were given a room on the bottom floor as requested and when we entered I nearly gagged the room smelled so bad. Cigarettes and B.O. The floors look like they had never been watched EVER. The bed sheets were covered in stains, the tv had not been set up yet and the "air conditioner" was missing some of its casing leaving it wide open for my 3 year old to put his hand right in. Very unsafe. My husband went back to the lobby to ask about the tv and the guy working at the desk offered us another room (he was actually very nice) but that one smelled even worse. These rooms are supposed to be non smoking? Why do they all stink? Anyways it was the worst motel experience I have ever had and I have travelled ALOT. We threw out the socks we had on and left most of our luggage in the car because the floors we filthy. I felt like I had slept in a prison cell. I wish this was an exaggeration but its not. The only reason why we didn't up and leave because it was 11pm and my son was exhausted. I basically slept with one eye open, feeling guilty for bringing my child to such a disgusting place. Oh and when we woke up in the morning we realized that the cars parked along the fence were looking down onto squatters in the wodds, NICE. The lady at check out was very nice and we were off as fast as possible. This will be our last Motel 6 expereince.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
First, thank you for taking the time to fill out a review, second, I'm very sadden you did not enjoy your experience with us though.
I am so sorry we fell short of your expectations, we take our guest's concerns very serious and do our very best to insure your comfort and safety.
My team and myself do not even allow cigarette smoking in or anywhere near our lobby, in fact, there is no smoking anywhere outside, allowed on our property, Smoking is allowed only in designated smoking rooms. Occasionally ,when someone is a heavy smoker, the smell does linger in rooms or even in our lobby from the previous guest's clothes and such. I can assure you , myself, nor my team smoke "Marijuana"! None of us even smoke cigarettes, hence ,"the only allowed in smoking rooms, rule". we don't want to breathe it either!
I'm not sure what squatters you saw, as our property over looks a residential neighborhood, perhaps, someone's messy backyard. We are, trying to grow our trees up in that area , for more privacy.
Again, I am sorry , your stay with us did not make you happy.
Best Regards,
Lawndale, California
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Remodeled but lousy remodel. Pleasing to the eye but not functional at all. Linoleum floor (as opposed to carpeted), no hangers, bathroom sink raised too high on counter, table in room too small. TV cabinet lip blocks TV remote from working - only way it worked was if I pointed it against the wall opposite the TV or if I held the remote high enough in the air. Whoever designed this remodel was going for looks not user friendliness.

Room Tip: Unless you want to spend the night in a cold (as opposed to welcoming) room, book at another Motel 6...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so sorry you didn't find our new rooms warm and inviting, we have had such positive feedback on the style and renovations. But, I know it can't always be to everyone's taste in decorating. We have added more hangers, I do aploogize that your room didn't have them yet.
I know with Dish net you do have to hold the tv remote at different angles to pick up the satellite
connection, its like that for me at home too. We do hope you enjoyed the new 120 channel package that our dish progamming offers now. Thank you for taking the time to review our motel and I hope we do see you again.

Regards,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The motel was very clean well appointed.I really had a good sleep the beds were comfortable and for a one night stay this was a good value. I recommen this motel 6 red bluff thank you for those clean rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angela g
Thank you so much for your review! We care very much what are guest"s have to say, and its always wonderful to get positive feedback! Hope to see you again real soon!

Regards,
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Motel 6 in Red Bluff because I just needed a place to stay 1 night when I knew I would be arriving late. Got to hotel about 10 pm and had easy check in but the hotel was undergoing renovation and only half the rooms were available, In order to get a room with a refrigerator, I had to get a room with two double beds instead of a queen bed. Room was in fair condition, There were holes in the wall that were not patched after the renovation, there were areas that were not painted, and the new furniture motif looked like something from a star trek movie. There was a flat screen TV which was nice, but could only get about 15 channels. The bathroom had a shower that was round and the shower spray came from the bathroom side into the shower (never have seen anything like it). Dropped some food on the floor and took a washrag to wipe it up. The rag was black with grime after I wiped the floor. Next morning there was a power outage (could have been citywide) but had to shower in the dark, and food in the frig was starting to melt. Next time I'll drive the extra 30 miles and stay in Redding. This is the second time I've been burned by hotels in Red Bluff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Victoria S, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Red Bluff, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the the time to post a review and I am very sorry we did not live up to expectations.
Yes, we are replacing all our old tv's with new flat screens and do always try our best not to disturb or inconvenience our guests. In your case, I see , we fell short of this and I do apologiize for that.
The day you happened to stay with us, the next morning there was a electrical fire down the street from us which did cause a power outrage for the whole boulevard, again I am sorry for this inconvenience to you.
We take great pride in our team here and in their efforts to do their very best in serving the guests and insuring our rooms are the very cleanest and as properly functioning as possible. I well most certainly address all your concerns and comments regarding our rooms.
Thank you again, for alerting me to the ways I can make my guest's stay more enjoyable.
Asst. GM
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This motel 6 looks amazing all new renovation to the rooms all they are missing are the flat screen tv's which I was informed they were getting in the near future. The service here is fast and everyone I have seen greated me with a smile. The manager that is running this motel 6 knows what they are doing. Diffently will be staying here when passing through again.

• Stayed February 2013

1 Thank Djones121
Victoria S, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Red Bluff, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Djones121, Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about our newly renovated motel. Hopefully on your next visit we will have those flat screens! Thank you again, see you next time!