“"Best Italian in Town"”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were travelling home to So Calif and stopped off in Red Bluff for the night. While in line at the market, we asked for good places to eat in town and immediately, a man said, "Luigi's, best Italian in town" and the cashier agreed.

Sold!

The parking lot and restaurant were clean (always a plus) but very empty (not such a plus!) but we found out they were close to closing time. So we ordered three calzones to go.

In a word, they were FABULOUS! My youngest daughter is not a big eater but even she polished hers off. While very tasty, it wasn't dripping with grease--a problem many places have.

The staff was VERY friendly, in fact they had a monster-sized pizza box (feeds 15) and they even let me take a picture with an employee, my daughters and the box in front of them (yes, it was that big!).

Excellent food - check
Clean establishment - check
Friendly staff - check

My highest recommendation - 5 stars

1  Thank Darin S

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I am an Italian food snob but based on Trip Advisor reviews I dared to try Luigi's. I was not disappointed and I send my compliments to the chef. The red sauce is close to the one I make myself. The lasagna was perfect with noodles a nice consistency and not soggy...same for the ravioli....not overcooked. We had pizza, also and loved the sauce and toppings. Crust was thin and cooked just right...not my favorite crust, but I am partial to what I grew up with in Connecticut, but nevertheless it was a good crust. Oh...almost forgot....great meatball and thanks for the extra sauce. Portions are generous. Lucky for Red Bluff to have good Italian food in town. We pass through yearly and will stop again.

We had very prompt delivery to our hotel room, too.

1  Thank ANNMARIESFREMONT
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Mind you, I have been on the road five day, averaging 500 miles of days. I am tired of eating out, tired of meetings, and cannot wait to get home. When I got to my hotel in Red Bluff California, I asked if anybody in the neighborhood delivered.
My first reaction to the flyer handed me by the clerk was, "Not another pizza joint!" With no other possibility, I haltingly made my order.
The service was a little slow. But I guarantee you, this is my only complaint. I ordered a small combination pizza: sausage, pepperoni, garlic, and tomatoes. Nothing special, but the combination they put together was perfect. The tomatoes and garlic were fresh. The pizza dough was firm, and tasty. The antipasto was better than I expected. The delivery man was courteous and easy to work with.
IfI am in the area again, which I probably will be since I go to Redding often, It would be worth it to make the 15 mile drive down to Red Bluff.
Try it, you like it..

2  Thank Patrick N
Reviewed August 4, 2013

On a road trip we stopped for lunch. It is an easy on and off exit on I -5. I had a 12" pizza I chose my own toppings of sausage, olives, artichoke hearts and mushrooms. My husband had the largest meatball sandwich I have ever seen. He ate only half and we were given containers and foil for our use in packing to them our car fridge. Everything was tasty, my pizza crust thin as I requested. The music playing was rather loud, not as easy to hold a conversation.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Nice restaurant, friendly people. The pizza was above average, and had a lot of toppings - very filling, I could not eat as much of it as I thought I would be able to!

1  Thank labquilt