“Excellent food at a reasonable price.”
Review of New Asian Garden

New Asian Garden
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Red Bluff
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Eagle Point, Oregon
“Excellent food at a reasonable price.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The New Asian Garden Restaurant in the middle of downtown Red Bluff is one of our favorite stops along I-5. The husband cooks and the wife serves. Food is excellent. They tend to put MSG in dishes so one needs to ask to have it left out. We had sizzling rice soup, walnut prawns, and lemon chicken. I don't think lemon chicken is one of their best dishes so next time we will make a different choice.

• Visited February 2014

Concow
“Will not go there again”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Was looking forward to eating there. It took way long to get our order and once the food came was very let down the sweet and sour was way too sweet. And the chow main noodles were just spaghetti noodles . Felt let down, for a place with such a good atmosphere

• Visited February 2014
Bow, Washington
“Excellent choice ! Great food and service.”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel desk clerk suggested the New Asian Garden only because he knew that it was close. Knowing what I know now, I would have driven there even if it were 20 miles away.
The first thing you notice when you step in side is how clean and spiffy the whole place looks. Talk about attention to detail. Somebody said it was a hole-in-the-wall because of it's size......well, it is not that small. You could have a good number of separate parties and nobody would be tripping over each other. The menu looked complete and I was concerned about being able to order a combo dish since I was solo. No problem......I had their only dish jusr for the single diner and it was great. It was served in a square, "bento" style lacquered dish common in Japanese restaurants. I liked it since the individual dish pockets keep everything tidy and visually appealing. The chop sticks were very classy and not the throw away wood type. Summary: great find in northern California! San Francisco China Town has nothing to beat this place in terms of size, price, cleanliness, and good cooking.

1 Thank bberry46
Red Bluff, California
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Food is very good. My only complaint is that they do not use any white chicken meat in any of their dishes. Service is excellent!

Visited July 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
“Very Nice Food and Service”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

If you didn't know better, you'd miss this small, friendly storefront. I've been visiting Red Bluff each fall with friends, and we have several meals in Red Bluff restaurants. What had been a decent Chinese up the street had badly disappointed us, and we were looking for better options. New Asian Garden turned out to be a real winner. There were three in our dining group, we had very different food preferences, and they made all three of us very happy.

I threw the waitress a curve, asking for an adventurous variation of something on the menu. She made it happen, and I could not have been more pleased. Are there better Chinese restaurants on the planet? Of course, but you'll drive a couple hundred miles south to San Francisco to find them.

• Visited October 2013