“Always a happy with the stay.”

Morgan Run Club & Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rancho Santa Fe
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We have are in the Del Mar area on business several times a year. We almost always stay ate the Morgan Run. We always find it comfortable and accommodating. Great gym and very nice grounds. We find it to be the best deal in town.
We always recommend it to associates and friends. The only thing I would recommend they change is add some channels to the cable package.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brian Z
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

I am really glad you enjoy staying at Morgan Run. Please introduce yourself next time you are here. Your feedback is valuable to us and I will take into consideration your feedback about our cable availability in the rooms.
Thanks again for choosing us!
Luis
luis.ibarra@ourclub.com

There are newer reviews for Morgan Run Club & Resort

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I grew up in Northern California and finally went on a CA road trip back in May of this year (2013). I drove 8 hours from San Luis Obispo to San Diego and stayed at Morgan Run Club & Resort and was very happy with my visit. I chose Morgan Run based on an offer through American Express Travel (it was a discounted rate when I paid in advance).

I arrived at the club at about 8pm in the evening after being stuck in L.A. rush hour traffic for over 2 hours (and making a detour in Hungtington Beach), when I arrived I was booked in a first floor room with a king sized bed and I asked if there was a 2nd floor room available, the desk was very accommodating but let me know the 2nd floor room that was available had 2 queen beds and not a king (I was fine with this).

My room was Clean, Enormous, and Quiet, what more could anyone ask for?
It had a view of the golf course (see photos attached) and every staff member I met and spoke to was super friendly. The swimming pool was excellent, as well as the fitness area and club-house.

I plan on returning for another visit to the San Diego area around the New Year and am planning on staying at Morgan Run Club again (I look forward to seeing their renovations).

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor, nice view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GregSoon

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Morgan Run. We look forward to your next visit when we can show you our completed renovations. Please let us know if there is anything you need before your next visit.
Thanks again.'
Luis Ibarra
luis.ibarra@ourclub.com

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I were staying at the hotel for a wedding and were having a great weekend, until i found out my ipad was missing from my room. The next day I locked my iPad from my iPhone with a number to call. One of the Maids called and said “I am so sorry, I stole it from your room because I thought it was broken and took it home.” She said it was in the trash and broken, which is why she took it. She brought it back to the hotel who confirmed the screen had been smashed, and said they would get back to me. It has been over three days and I have yet to receive a call offering an apology or giving any kind of indication on how they are going to proceed. As far as I know, the maid is still working at the hotel, which has not done anything to rectify the situation.

This is by far, the WORST managed hotel I have ever dealt with. You would think if they found out that one of their maids admittedly STOLE something out of a room, they would be overly apologetic and accommodating to make sure their customer was made whole. Four days later, I still have not received my iPad back OR a call offering an apology or explanation. Incredibly unprofessional and completely mismanaged.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Markmilovic
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed as a part of the wedding party. Food at the wedding was fantastic, atmosphere was nice, rooms were remodeled and very clean, with a view of the golf course and a nice small patio for breakfast coffee. We definitely would recommend this venue to others.

• Stayed: September 2013
luis i, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and recommending Morgan Run Club + Resort. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope you decide to come back and visit soon. If you have any questions/comments, please don't hesitate to email me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

extraordinary resort......28 west is wonderful..........
looking forward to our next visit.....the gym facilities are great.......
great sports t v's..........and lounge area.......the membership director, I believe her name was anne foley was very helpful in explaining the various programs available
and the cost result ratio...........she made us feel right at home........

Room Tip: ask for a golf course view......
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynn k

Thank you for choosing Morgan Run Club + Resort. Your feedback is very important to us and I hope you decide to stay with us again and recommend our resort to your family/friends. We have a great staff and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call the resort or email me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com. Thanks again for staying with us!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Pat as always was outstanding when we found out that my mom had a heart valve replacement, bypass, and 5 secures. We got on the plane from Dulles Airport and Pat had a room waiting for us.Pat and staff gave us peace of mind during a very difficult time for us. . We have been coming here for the last 10 years and have always enjoyed a wonderful stay with not only hospitality but also the opportunity to play golf on a top notch golf course. With a new dinning and social facility, the club house will be an even better part of our visit. This along with the new pool, fitness center, and spa makes Morgan Run an excellent place to stay and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask Pat or the staff to provide rooms that would suit your needs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

I am glad we could accommodate you during a stressful time. Traveling cross country last minute, can be overwhelming, especially in your circumstances. Additionally, your loyalty to Morgan Run is much appreciated. We welcome any feedback you may have as a frequent guest. Next time you stay, please introduce yourself. My email is luis.ibarra@ourclub.com.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The property is somewhat dated, but the location and reasonable rates make it a great value if you prefer staying in north San Diego. If the property condition and service was better they could command much higher rates. With relatively little effort of addressing the cleanliness of the facility and some customer training it could be at least a 3.5 star property, but it appears that the hotel part of the property is secondary to running it as a country club for local residents. The $20 resort fee is excessive for what is offered for services that are considered standard at most hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your room at Morgan Run Club + Resort. In the past few years we have invested millions of dollars in capital at the property. Within the next year, we plan to invest even more towards the hotel rooms and their amenities. I hope you decide to stay with us again and enjoy our state-of-the art fitness center, pool/spa facilities, and restaurant/lounge area. Please contact me at luis.ibarra@ourclub.com for any questions/comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Santa Fe
Cape Rey Carlsbad, a Hilton Resort
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
Fairmont Grand Del Mar
#3 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Morgan Run Club & Resort? Share your experiences!