“Great place!”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Rancho Santa Fe
Indian Wells CA
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Stayed there for a night last week, and it was great. Hotel has been updated which was nice. Staff is outstanding and very friendly. The front desk is also great and remembered me from my last visit which is always refreshing.

Didn't get a chance to play golf this stay but my room had a great view of the course and the conditions looked perfect... I wished I had more time.

Food was great at lunch, and the bartender at night was great for a night cap by the firepit. I look forward to my next stay at this hidden treasure.

Room Tip: Golf course views are always great. All rooms are about equal distance to lobby and pool / Fitness...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
MorganClub, General Manager at Morgan Run Club & Resort, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
We are going through a long renovation process and we are working hard on improving our service to satisfy all our guest. Thank you for allowing us to show you our efforts to improve and leave us a review. We hope to see you again and allow us to give you the service you deserve.

Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Fantastic 2 days at Morgan Run and wished we had stayed for 3 more. Lots to do at the resort and lots to do around the area. Rooms were clean with up to date amenities. The dining was fantastic. The Staff made us feel like family. Will definitely go back...for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Granada, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed here last year with my family and the resort was good, but a little out-dated. However, we decided to give it another go because of the great location and they really went all the way with their renovations! Each room has Illy coffee (and from living in Spain, I can tell you with confidence that Illy is the best coffee in the world), they are in pods so very easy to make and clean. The beds are super comfy and the restaurant is great (also if you have kids they eat free M-W) I'm not really into golf but my husband said it is a great course to play. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone and everyone!

Room Tip: Kids eat free in the restaurant M-W. The rooms in the 300 building has a great lawn for kids to pl...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Indio, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

Spent last weekend at Morgan Run along with about 8 other families. All agreed that this was a great hotel for the family. Rooms were more then spacious, very very clean and comfortable. It's in the perfect location. Just minutes away from Del Mar and the beaches, about 15 mins away from San Diego and Mission Beach area. We will return to this hotel often!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

I read the reviews after buying a non-refundable rate and I was worry, the reviews I read here are so bad that I wanted to cancel right after I realize how bad is was. however It was a big surprise, the front desk manager was really nice and the room was large and clean with a beautiful view of the golf course, my kids love watching the air balloons flying over the golf course every afternoon. the restaurant was above average and the pool was perfect for my little kids. I was able to use the gym which was better that my gym at home. We visited the Del Mar beach every day it was only 5 minutes drive and about 15 minutes from legoland

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Fresno, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I recently stayed at Morgan Run Club and Resort and I really enjoyed it. The newly updated rooms were so comfortable and relaxing. I thought the staff were top notch in service too. My husband was so impressed with the greens as well. He really enjoyed the golf which was good since that was one of the reasons we chose this resort. I enjoyed the spa and not to mention how close the shoreline was and just a short drive down the road to shopping, movies and the beaches of Del Mar. Overall this resort is an excellent place to stay and play for a great price. It was everything I wanted in my resort stay in San Diego.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Spent a few days here last year as it was close to Del Mar CC - so decided to stay again this year. The rooms are big, bed was clean and comfortable and the restaurant bar had a good stock of spirits. And that's about it.

If you want 5 stars - go somewhere else. If you expect a high level of service - again go somewhere else. If you want to spend $50 a night (+ resort fees) for a decent and comfortable (but very outdated) room that you won't spend a lot of time in - then this is the place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 3 in Solana Beach
Best Western Premier Hotel Del Mar
DoubleTree by Hilton San Diego - Del Mar
Holiday Inn Express Solana Beach/Del Mar

Been to Morgan Run Club & Resort? Share your experiences!