All reviews squeezed orange juice every morning top notch fitness classes tennis courts pony bar steam shower grove suite yoga pavilion mini bar room service private patio front gate your choice five star main pool family pool
Selected filters
Reviewed February 27, 2019 via mobile

I adored this hotel. The rooms are huge and luxurious. The bathrooms are phenomenal. There were so many fabulous things about the room and bathroom I found it hard to leave. My room had a gorgeous patio with a hot tub as well. Room service was wonderful. I definitely had some amazing dishes. I did make daily visits to the spa and enjoyed it and the workout room immensely. The property is gorgeous and there are beautiful walking trails. I look forward to returning in warmer weather so I can utilize the pools. If I could give this property more stars I would!

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank 92erine
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear 92erine,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We love hearing that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great that you had the chance to explore our walking trails and enjoy your patio and hot tub!

In honor of your review, we will be planting wildflower seeds in our olive groves to spread the joy. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rancho Valencia!

Warmly Yours,

Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

Went for a spa day. The spa “relaxation room” is like grand central station. It’s literally a lobby and barely indoors. There are sliding doors to the outside that are always ajar... this doesn’t work on chilly days when you are just wearing your bathrobe. And speaking of just wearing a bathrobe, the relaxation room is coed, so throw modesty out the door. It literally is a passing-through high traffic lobby. Maintenance men in warm winter coats were traipsing through all day. The attendants ignored the dirty dishes lying around. And there was no place to bus your tea mug if you wanted to clear it yourself either. No one asked if I needed anything ever. Ever. No orientation on how to use the lockers. Honestly I can’t believe how ripped off I feel. Spent over $300 for nothing.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2019

Dear Janeeee87,

I would love the opportunity to talk together and gather further information regarding your experience at the Spa. We strive to provide the highest level of service and a conversation together would be so helpful. Please feel free to reach out to me at your earliest convenience at cthornburg@ranchovalencia.com or (858) 756-1123.

Reviewed February 16, 2019

I have been organizing a ladies tennis trip to the beautiful Rancho Valencia for the past five years. We are twelve ladies from the east coast and we go the third week in January. Everyone is always very impressed with the accommodations, the people and the service, Everything is quite wonderful; I'm not sure where to begin!

The rooms are gorgeous and so very well appointed with luxurious linens, wonderful bath products and of course, the fireplace is a lovely, cozy touch. The private patio is an absolute treat with comfortable lounge chairs that make you want to stay and relax. The fresh squeezed orange juice that magically appears with the newspaper(s) of your choice is something to look forward to each morning.

The food is fantastic with plenty of healthy options. Over the course of three days we ate at The Pony Room, Veladora and Rein. We were never disappointed! The lobster nachos are a favorite and the entire breakfast menu is a hit, As for cocktail hour, try the Pony Express....it is delicious! I always ask the ladies if they would like to try a restaurant "off campus" to mix things up and they always say absolutely not! They love the food at Rancho Valencia,

After a delicious dinner we thoroughly enjoy our time around the cozy outdoor fire pits with a glass of wine as we recap our day and share many laughs. What a setting for good friends and good fun!

The tennis program is top notch. Robin White, the Director of Tennis, worked with us to customize our clinics and pair us with tennis pros that helped us improve our game and have fun on the courts. We played twice per day and wished we had more time! The courts are in great shape and we always look forward to the delicious protein shakes and fresh fruit plates that are delivered to us on the courts during our break. What a nice touch!

The spaahhh is absolutely blissful. It is quiet, serene and so incredibly relaxing. And, we wouldn't miss the foam roller class in the beautiful yoga pavilion.

The service is off the charts. I work very closely with Mark Phillips and his staff to plan this weekend and quite frankly, they really make everything so easy. And once we arrive, everyone is so buttoned-up and accommodating. Everyone at Rancho Valencia is really so wonderful to work with as they make you and your experience at their resort their number one priority.

Every year I ask the ladies if they would like to consider another destination for our annual trip and I always get a resounding NO!

I really can't say enough about Rancho Valencia, It is quite the gem. We are already counting down the days to our next trip in January 2020!

Date of stay: January 2019

Dear Navigator756040,

Thank you for your incredibly generous and thorough review of Rancho Valencia! We so appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience with us. We're thrilled to hear that you loved everything about your trip, from the rooms to the food to the spa--and to the tennis, of course! We have shared your compliments with Mark and Robin, both of whom are grateful for your kind words.

We can't wait to have you all back with us next January!

Reviewed February 3, 2019

My husband and I had the pleasure of celebrating our 24th anniversary at Rancho Valencia last month. I did my research so I was prepared to be wowed and was not disappointed. Our room (Olive Suite) was stunning and the bathroom...I died. I would like to give a special shout out to the lighting designer who NAILED IT. We often stay in luxury properties that have gorgeous bathrooms with nightclub lighting which makes operation glamification challenging. There were two (that's right TWO) lighted makeup mirrors as well as flattering and functional ambient lighting. I realize this is not a big deal to everyone, but to the ladies (and gentlemen) who feel me, it is worth mentioning.

We dined at both restaurants and poolside and can confirm the sips and nibbles offered are delicious and in many cases super healthy. The craft cocktails alone are worth checking out.

Finally, the spa. Ahhhhhh. The treatments are magical. The atmosphere is serene. The fitness classes are fun and appropriately challenging. I will be back.

In summary, if you want a special experience in a beautiful and peaceful environment, treat yourself.

Date of stay: January 2019
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2019

Dear galandogal,

Firstly, happy anniversary to you and your husband! We're honored that you chose to stay with us for such a special occasion. Secondly, thank you for leaving us such a detailed review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed our bathroom design details, specialty craft cocktails, spa treatments, and fitness classes! We're so happy that you had time to enjoy many of our favorite aspects of Rancho Valencia.

To continue the spread of joy, we will be planting local wildflower seeds in our groves to feed our pollinators. We can't wait to have you back again to see them in bloom!

Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

Such a relaxing haven with wonderful service and smiles all round . Tranquility at its best . Would definitely visit again and would recommend to anyone who wants five star service ,beautiful scenery and luxurious surroundings

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear louiseanne6,

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that your experience was truly five-star, and we can't wait to have you back for another relaxing visit!