All reviews squeezed orange juice every morning top notch fitness classes tennis courts pony bar steam shower grove suite yoga pavilion mini bar room service private patio front gate your choice five star main pool family pool
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Too many good things to say about this hotel , it would take me too long to write them all down....so will just say this place is heaven
amazing rooms
gorgeous food
the best freshly squeezed orange juice delivered to the room in the morning
beautiful pool area
beautiful views from the restaurant
attention to detail is second to none
etc etc

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Bettyboodle11
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dear Bettyboodle11,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We're thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and taking in the views. In honor of your review, we will be planting local wildflower seeds to feed our pollinators and spread the joy! We hope to have you back very soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this property last week. I say hands down this was one of the best if not the best hotel we have stayed at in the US.
Room was spacious and tastefully decorated. The service was excellent and the restaurant was great.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank FA052018
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear FA052018,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your casita and our restaurant! To spread the joy, we will be planting local wildflower seeds to feed our pollinators.

We hope to have you for another visit to the US soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I had never visited the Spa at Rancho Valencia prior to today. I can now say that it is - hands down - my favorite spa/getaway in ALL of San Diego County. And that’s saying something.

It may not be a “triple five” (YET) like the Fairmont Grand Del Mar, but it does have a Forbes rated 5 Star Hotel and 5 Star spa. And it more than makes up for it with GENUINE warmth and hospitality. I’ll take a day at Rancho Valencia over the Spa at the Grand, ANY DAY OF THE YEAR.

I think part of the reason it feels so much more authentically friendly and happy is that it’s still a privately owned property, so they don’t have to deal with a lot of the corporate issues that places like the Grand now has since it was bought by Fairmont.

I opted for a luxurious bath soak followed by the Rancho Valencia signature massage. The treatment rooms are indoor/outdoor, and I had my own private hummingbird to watch during my soak.

The therapist was good, and the amenities surpassed my expectations, which were high to begin with. It’s hard to find a spa with a coed wet area that also has a cold plunge.

Lunch at Rein followed - I opted for the burger and salad, which were absolutely delicious. The ambiance at the pool contributed to the relaxed feel, although it never lost its sense of understated luxury throughout the property. The servers were attentive, but not annoying, if that makes sense.

It’s easy to see why they have already been awarded 5 Stars for 2019. I will be back soon.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Thank socalbodywork .
RanchoValenciaResort, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear Socalbodywork,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your massage!

We greatly appreciate your feedback, and with every positive TripAdvisor review we are planting local wildflower seeds to feed our pollinators. We appreciate you and thank you for being our guest! We'll see you soon for another spa getaway.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

Beautiful property with lots of great amenities! Staff is outstanding ! Great for couples, families, girl trips, etc! Adult pool and family pool, tennis, wonderful spa....great restaurants or you can order in room service!

Date of stay: July 2018
Coni T, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear Girlfly,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at Rancho Valencia! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed July 31, 2018

Love this place, ambience, setting and service. It is southern california at its best. well worth a visit, and the spa is wonderful and the hotel itself offers an abundance of amenities and sporting activities - tennis, golf, pool.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
RVCorpCtr, General Manager at Rancho Valencia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Tez12013,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such kind feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and spa! We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely Yours,