“Outstanding!!!”
Review of Rancho Valencia

Rancho Valencia
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rancho Santa Fe
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I recently had our wedding ceremony here. it was just the two us and perfect beyond our expectations. The grounds are truly beautiful, the staff are so welcoming and gracious. The rooms (we had the Valencia Suite) are spacious yet homey. we stayed for three nights and could easily have stayed longer. the Veladora restaurant was outstanding. I have worked with some fantastic chefs and this was memorable. The. Pony room is a great place to relax and have a light meal and/or drinks. all the staff were attentive yet not intrusive. we can't wait to return. I would highly recommend staying here. It may be a little expensive for some but well worth it for a special occasion. a special thank you to Danielle who organized our special day.

1  Thank Karen M

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Mu husband and I chose the beautiful grounds and property of Rancho Valencia for our elopement recently. We stayed for two nights, and wish it was 200. First off, let's just get this out of the way- it is a high end splurge to stay here for most of us. It was worth every penny.

We had contact with many staff members, as we had two breakfasts, two dinners, spa treatments, check in assistance, valet assistance, housekeeping, and passing by the gatehouse staff. I don't know hoe hey do it, but they all remembered us, and were warm and congratulating all weekend. The extra touches from the Rancho Valencia staff made us feel like royalty.

The furniture and appointments chosen are top notch. It feels amazing and comfortable to be there. Everything was well thought out and gorgeous. The Veladora restaurant was our favorite. If you are hosting a private party, the sunrise room is ridiculously gorgeous too!

We took a complimentary spin in a 911 Carrera, soaked in our private whirlpool tub on our balcony, snacked and enjoyed beverages from the complimentary stocked refreshments in the room, enjoyed second-to-none dining and drinks, and were waited on with the utmost class and hospitality. For a bride or groom looking to host at the most beautiful resort in San Diego, or a couple looking for a truly unique and special getaway, look no further. We travel frequently and we do have high standards; we were blown away at the experience from start to finish. I just can't thank everyone at RV enough. Can't wait for anniversary- or any excuses to come back!

Room Tip: The basic room is gorgeous. One step up and you have an even larger room with private outdoor whirlp...
1  Thank AudraRene
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I travel all over the world for work and pleasure. I had been here before and since the recent remodel of the whole resort rooms, restaurants, boutique, spa...Favorite place to stay. The staff is warm, the quality and unique attention to detail in every aspect provides an atmosphere facilitating play, work and relaxation at it finest. Love!

1  Thank TPuffers
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Combine the beauty of the surroundings, fantastic hacienda style rooms and suites, and unsurpassed service and this wonderful resort is defined. Be prepared to relax and be pampered by each and every employee at this Spanish/Mexican oasis. While considered a good restaurant the farm to table fare at the resorts Veladora restaurant can use some improvements to match the aura of the rest of the resort facilities.

Room Tip: Hard not to choose a good room however the Palm Suites, while more expensive than the Agave Suites...
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have lived in San Diego for more than 20 years and visited countless hotels in the area. Rancho Valencia is, by far, the best hotel in the entire county. It is very close to the Grand Del Mar (location-wise), but 100X better. I have no idea why anyone would pick the Grand over Rancho Valencia. Yes, the rates are high, but it is sooo worth it. The hotel doesn't charge any resort or parking fees and includes so many wonderful "extras" (free mini-bar goodies, unlimited fitness and yoga classes, use of spa facilities and tennis courts, etc). I was especially fond of the fresh squeezed OJ delivered to my room each morning. After learning it was my birthday, they sent a bottle of champagne and a special sweet treat. Truly exceptional service all the way around.

I booked the least expensive room and it was HUGE and so luxurious! The bathroom alone is bigger than most hotel rooms, the bed is like a giant cloud and the sitting room (with fireplace) is very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable.

The spa is also the very best in the county, and I have visited nearly every spa in San Diego. You won't find a nicer, CLEANER, and better equipped spa anywhere in the county. We took a private fitness class, enjoyed the tranquil reception areas and then received the best treatments I've ever had. I am planning to go back as often as I can afford to.

Finally, we ate several meals at the hotel restaurants and the food is also incredible. The breakfast spread is especially yummy and perfectly portioned. I am thrilled that we live close enough to make frequent trips to this amazing hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KerriJK
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our room was a 950' suite that I think I could just live in. All you could ask for from walk in closet to personal outdoor hot tub. The room was so fabulous that I wish we would have been in it more. I took advantage of the spa while my husband played golf one day. It was the most relaxing experience i have had in quite some time. While you are there, definitely take advantage of the water circuit with the cold plunge and sauna. I was worried to freeze to death, but the shock to my muscles left me so relaxed. Also, make sure you attend a yoga and Pilates class. The yoga room has an amazing view, and Pilates has carriages which was new for me.

Of course, fresh squeezed orange juice for breakfast at the door was the nicest touch. I drank it as I made my own cappuccino in the room. Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Newly refurbished hotel restaurants are wonderful: from the quiet, lovely Villadora to the new Pony Bar with a great smaller plates, casual menu. Daily specials. Beautiful art work displayed in Villadora by the British artist whose works hang in the Tate. Fresh orange juice and newpapers of your choice delivered to your door each morning. Lush landscaping throughout the resort. Quiet secluded rural atmosphere so close to the busy beach cities and Del Mar Race Track. All the personnel are well trained and friendly. Casitas are spread out on the property with wonderful patios, some with fireplaces. The spa and fitness center are superb, beautiful and a delight to patronize. Can't think of another small, resort hotel that even compares!

Room Tip: Casitas farther away from hotel's main building would probably be better when they have large ev...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Downtown
Pendry San Diego
Pendry San Diego
#3 of 279 in San Diego

Been to Rancho Valencia? Share your experiences!