“Excellent Pasta”

Avenue Italy Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Avenue Italy Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent Pasta”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food was amazing, the pizza's were thin and crispy and the pasta was simple but delicious. Friendly staff made for a lovely meal.

Visited June 2014

LA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Jem”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This Italian restaurant is in Golden Cove Shopping Center. Nice people, good food and lovely interior with a few patio tables We come here often and enjoy the daily specials, as well as the old stand bys. Across the street from the ocean, at the bottom of Hawthorne Blvd.

• Visited June 2014
Palos Verdes Estates, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good but pricey”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

The food is very good considering the limited choices on the hill. However it is quite pricey considering the size and quality. High end prices, but the service and overall quality do not match the price.

Visited January 2014
California
“What a great place”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

One of my new favorites!
Start with the the CALAMARI FRITTI or the beet salad......
I have read lots of bad or negative reviews here and on other sites, but this is my expernice here.

I have only had lunch here as I work nights, every time I have been here the food was great and the service was very pleasing.

My wife hade the Swordfish Calabrese - Served with sautéed spinach with garlic and lemon and capers $28.00. This was one of the best dish's that I have had in sometime.

I had the Delizia Marina - Scampi and scallops in brandy and garlic sauce served with seasonal vegetable and roasted yukon potatoes $28.00, this will be hard for me not to order evertime I go here.

• Visited May 2014
Los Angeles
“pretentious, expensive, and nothing special”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We live in the area, so we decided to check this restaurant out. The restaurant is set up to fill as many people as they can, so tables are very close to each other. If you are claustrophobic, you will feel very uncomfortable here, as the table next to you is so close that your elbows may hit accidentally. The food was really nothing special and expensive for the basic Italian food you are getting. Just Italian food you can get pretty much any where. Lasagna, eggplant parmesan, etc. I ordered one of their personal pizza's, and the bread was burnt and crust was very dry and hard, and not very tasty. I usually don't drink, but that night, I also ordered a glass of house wine, which when the waiter poured into my glass, looked more like a wine tasting, than a glass of wine. I am pretty sure, after taking 4 small sips, I finished it, and believe me, I am not a drinker. The charge? $15..... o_o
So, overall, as I said, nothing special, and we will Not be back!

• Visited May 2014