“What a great place”

Avenue Italy Cucina Italiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Avenue Italy Cucina Italiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
California
“What a great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

One of my new favorites!
Start with the the CALAMARI FRITTI or the beet salad......
I have read lots of bad or negative reviews here and on other sites, but this is my expernice here.

I have only had lunch here as I work nights, every time I have been here the food was great and the service was very pleasing.

My wife hade the Swordfish Calabrese - Served with sautéed spinach with garlic and lemon and capers $28.00. This was one of the best dish's that I have had in sometime.

I had the Delizia Marina - Scampi and scallops in brandy and garlic sauce served with seasonal vegetable and roasted yukon potatoes $28.00, this will be hard for me not to order evertime I go here.

• Visited May 2014

Los Angeles
“pretentious, expensive, and nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We live in the area, so we decided to check this restaurant out. The restaurant is set up to fill as many people as they can, so tables are very close to each other. If you are claustrophobic, you will feel very uncomfortable here, as the table next to you is so close that your elbows may hit accidentally. The food was really nothing special and expensive for the basic Italian food you are getting. Just Italian food you can get pretty much any where. Lasagna, eggplant parmesan, etc. I ordered one of their personal pizza's, and the bread was burnt and crust was very dry and hard, and not very tasty. I usually don't drink, but that night, I also ordered a glass of house wine, which when the waiter poured into my glass, looked more like a wine tasting, than a glass of wine. I am pretty sure, after taking 4 small sips, I finished it, and believe me, I am not a drinker. The charge? $15..... o_o
So, overall, as I said, nothing special, and we will Not be back!

• Visited May 2014
“great italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

nice dining in RPV. good selections of food for appetizer, dinner and dessert. wines were good as well. not rushed at all. friendly service.

Los Angeles, CA
“Surprise! An excellent Italian restaurant in Palos Verdes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were here for the first time with two other couples. Welcome was warm, the waiter friendly and efficient, and the decor lovely with some quiet corners. I had swordfish, my spouse had barramundi. Both dishes were excellent and unlike a lot of other upscale restaurants the portions were more than adequate. Salads are huge and enough to eat for both parties, so split them. They have an extensive menu and with some specials offered by the waiter. Wine list is quite good. All-in-all a very pleasant surprise. We will definitely going back soon.

Uzes, France
“A lovely Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

We were two couples celebrating a birthday. The welcome was warm and cheerful. It's a lovely room and the waiter thoughtfully put us to the side in an area on its own which was quiet and elegant. We all enjoyed our starters, salad, roast artichokes and carpaccio. The mains were good too, sea bass (a little overcooked for my taste) veal chop very tasty (but a little too much sauce) and porcini risotto which was good. Good wine selection but expensive by our European standards. We'd happily go again any time.