“Great for Lunch”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I enjoy Nelsons quite a bit. Love the Mediterranean Chicken wrap and have it every time. My son likes the big pretzels. Crab sliders are great, too. Last time I noticed the prices have gone up substantially. WIll now probably keep it for special occasions.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

As there are not many options at the Terranea, we opted for Nelson's. After venturing the long walk, we found this to be a young crowd and staffed with young bartenders/waiters. Bar menu was limited and we felt out of place. Bartenders were not friendly.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Cant beat the views of Catalina. Had the ceviche as well as the fish tacos both were outstanding! Service was excellent and were were not rushed from our table as we were enjoying the view

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My sister-in-law suggested we have dinner at Nelson's as it seemed to be the most reasonably priced restaurant at the Terranea property. She thought we would enjoy the view and ambience. When we arrived at the resort, we valet parked the car. No one offered information about the location of the restaurant on the very expansive grounds and SIRI couldn't find it either. We were with our 89-year-old friend who was treating us to a special night out. After having asked several employees for directions and wandering around the hilly property for a good 15 minutes, another guest was finally able to direct us to the restaurant. We knew we couldn't make reservations (these are for resort guests only) but we were told there was seating for drinks outside while we waited. We put our names in at the hostess station, our info and phone# entered into an iPad! Technology is good right??? We told them we would go to the outside seating area 10 feet from the station. They said it would be 25-30 minutes. We waited 15 minutes and had to flag down a server to get a drink. After 45 minutes I returned to the hostess stand to check our progress...oh, they had lost our name....when the IPad "crashed"... Couldn't one of the 5 hostesses have walked the 10 feet to get us? Probably not as I am sure we were forgot ton as soon as the entered our info. After my visit to the station, they seated us immediately. We were seated on a lovely patio, however it was adjacent to a Biergarten, with some very good music playing, very loudly, which wouldn't have been a problem except our 89-year-old guest is very hard of hearing. They were "unable" to move us. The food was mediocre at best. Our server was a doll and the manager stopped by several times to check on us. He did comp our bottle of wine. We did not order much food and the bill didn't include the comped wine. My steak, ordered medium rare, was so over cooked I only ate a couple bites. The bill was $200+!!!!!! Really????? Would I ever recommend this eatery? NO!!! Would I ever return??? NO!!!! All the comping in the world can will never make $200 of bad food and incompetence okay!

1  Thank momalu444
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We thought we would have a casual dinner over looking the ocean. Beautiful place but service was horrid. I ordered a salad without cheese and the dressing on the side. It came with both so I sent it back. Never saw it again. Everyone else eat but me. The waiter was to busy to notice or care. Just trying to get the bill and pay was a 20 minute ordeal. The couple next to us had to go to the manager to get their bill. If you want to be ignored, this is your place. The food for everyone took 40 minutes after ordering. Food is just okay but the prices are high. My friend did like the crab cakes. I'm still hungry after paying a $66 bill. Won't be back.