4,943 results
All reviews spa pool catalina island ocean view beautiful property family pool catalina kitchen main pool southern california business conference lobby bar los angeles fire pit main building fitness center sea beans self parking upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I promise you this will be the worst experience of your life. We stayed at the villas which cost us over 2,000 plus a night that totaled our stay at 5k. We got 2 nights of hell at Terranea. First off, they apparently treat their staff poorly which is why service is awful. They had a labor dispute and the staff was outside protesting because they wanted better working conditions and more pay.

There was poop in the pool! Yes, poop in the pool. After the staff finally discovered this poop they evacuated the one and only kids pool and shut it down for the rest of the day. They didn’t provide alternatives even though they had other adult pools.

Then we had an annoying refrigerator beeping noise all night. The noise was so unbearable that it woke up the kids and we were up all night. Not the kind of night you want when you’re on vacation. They came to fix it for 2 seconds and the noise was back on at 1 in the morning.

We had mold in the bathroom. The smell was so intense and the wall had the mold lining. We had to leave early because we didn’t want to expose the kids to this mold. Terranea claims they had their engineer inspect it and there’s no mold. I don’t know about you but last I checked engineers are not licensed to inspect molds.

These people obviously don’t care. They are rude, not informative and just a crappy resort. I could have stayed at the residence inn for 100/night and got a much better experience. Trust me this place is garbage. Don’t waste your money here.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Robert B, Guest Relations Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ast1010,
We would appreciate the opportunity to connect with you directly to further investigate the matters you have mentioned in your review. Please share your preferred method of contact via email at social (at) terranea (dot) com. Please know that we are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all of our guests and we take matters of health and wellbeing very seriously. We are sorry your experience did not meet your expectations and look forward to speaking with you further.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After gazing at internet photos my wife and I were excited about staying at this picturesque resort. Little did we know that the outstanding views would be spoiled by the non existing miserable service.

We arrived at 3:30 pm after our lengthy cross coast trip but nevertheless were in good spirits. We find out upon attempting to check in that our room was not yet available (an ocean view or front don’t exactly remember the reservation ) nor any other for that matter. Coincidentally we came with another couple who was checking in with another representative and they sweet talked their rep to get an immediate room. strike 1.

A little while later we get the text that our room is available. We go up and it’s at the absolute end of the floor which was quite a distance for someone just recovering from knee surgery but ok I can wince while I trudge on down. We get to the oceanfront or view room and ask the bellhop “where’s the ocean?” He replies that if we look to the side and over a huge swath of property we will catch a glimpse of the ocean. Strike 2.

My wife is not very happy and definitely had a right to be so. We call the front desk to attempt to switch rooms and a gentleman firmly tells us we can’t switch there are no rooms available. Strike 3.

We soon go down to meet up with our friends but first stop in at the front desk and speak to our original check in rep who helps us out and within 3 minutes has found us an alternate room that turned out to have the view that they market for our reserved price. Plus 1.

We go up and then wait for our luggage. And we wait. And we wait. We call - “it will be up shortly we’re busy”. Yep an hour later it comes.

Three further ghost service issues (2 at the pool including 45 minutes for drinks -“I’m sorry the bar is backed up” and the pool attendant that was going to get me sunscreen to buy and never came back) evolved the next day to create new strike rules for baseball.

I don’t want to bore the readers with further details but for all of you that complain about Miami service - this hotel ranks amongst the worst I’ve experienced in my many years of travel. While we can all expect this level or lack thereof of service at a Holiday Inn Express type (not that I’ve ever been to one) it is inexcusable at a hotel of this caliber.

No reason to come here again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Mitchell M,
We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed by the level of service you encountered during your stay. Please accept our apologies for the service mistakes you encountered. We are committed to delivering exceptional service and amenities for our guests. We do hope you will decide to stay with us again. We value you as our guest and thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved staying at the Terranea Resort. We were in one of the villas that had a cozy outdoor center patio wiht gas fireplace for cool evenings. The whole resort was beautiful and the sunsets amazing. Nelson's restaurant had a great menu at reasonable prices in a casual vibe. It is an easy trip from LAX via Uber/Lyft.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Robert B, Guest Relations Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our luxury accommodations along the scenic, Palos Verdes Peninsula. Looking forward to having you join us as our guest again for more delicious dining and relaxation at L.A.'s hidden gem!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just got back from Terranea where we stayed for 2 nights as a mini-moon after our wedding this past weekend. We had very high expectations because of the price point & the word of mouth we'd heard from friends and family. And Terranea did not disappoint!

We were greeted by the friendly staff on Sunday afternoon - and the attentiveness and thoughtfulness followed us throughout. Our meals were delicious - a highlight for us was mar'sel. But we also enjoyed our dinner at bashi! The spa was INCREDIBLE and our massages were some of the best we'd ever had. Our room had a beautiful view and the concierge even sent up a bottle of champagne for us so that we could celebrate our wedding :) We also received free desserts for both of our dinners.

Blown away and will ABSOLUTELY be visiting again. For our one year anniversary if not sooner!

Date of stay: September 2019

Thank you for your review, Allie, and thank you for choosing Terranea as your mini-moon destination! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy to assist in making any of life's special celebrations even more special with our luxury accommodations, award-winning spa, scenic views, and excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest. Congratulations and best wishes to you both!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my fourth stay at Terranea, all for business purposes. The grounds and views are amazing. The architecture and design are beautiful. Rates are crazy, F&B prices are high, and they squeeze every last penny out of you.

What is disappointing, though, is the feeling that it's all a façade. You feel as though you are in a luxury property, but I don't think that the service levels are equal to other luxury brands.

After walking 160 steps to my room, the keys don't work. Trudge back to the front desk to get new keys (and a new room) and I walk 196 steps to find myself in a room overlooking the driveway.

Once in my room, the time on the alarm clock is incorrect, and I can't figure out how to change it. The provided lightning charger on the clock does not work, either. The lightbulb in the desk lamp is out, and the light on the make-up mirror doesn't work either.

Real luxury properties have proactive checklists to ensure that rooms are in tip-top shape. At Terranea, I feel as though they are banking on you forgetting about all of those little issues when you look at the view.

Hoping that future business travel will take me elsewhere.

Room tip: If you can't get a bungalow, ask for a room close to the lobby or you will be walking forever.
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Amy S.,
Thank you for sharing your review and choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoy the grounds and ocean views from the resort. We are sorry to learn that you were disappointed by the level of service you encountered during your stay. Please accept our apologies for the service mistakes you encountered. We are committed to delivering exceptional service and amenities for our guests. We do hope you will decide to stay with us again. We value you as our guest and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.