My wife and I spent seven days, part work, part leisure, at Terranea. It was beautiful. The room was nice size and the ability to open the door to the balcony every day made it even more pleasurable. The view was spectacular from virtually every angle on the property.
The food from both the Catering Service for our conference, as well as the meals in the restaurants was very, very good. We did not have one bad meal. Drinks are pricey, but the refrigerator in the room allowed for your own beverages and saved some money.
There are walkways all around and carts for you if you don't want to walk. The resort will take you most places on their property if you ask them. They'll also arrange to take you to off-property stores (snacks, drinks, shopping) and pick you up.
Every food and room service person was extremely polite and made you feel comfortable. If you asked for something you got it with a smile. After thanking the staff you always get and a response of "my pleasure." Nice touch.
The people at the desk are cordial but not necessarily friendly which is about the only negative we had. They were still very responsive, but they did have a noticably different demeanor than all the other staff. Another thing we were not used to is, this resort is open to the public to use (restaurants, walking areas), and we were not used to seeing dogs of all sizes on the property. I would prefer to not have partially trained dogs being walked by their owners while I am enjoying my time off, but it's not a show-stopper for me.
Overall, a wonderful experience and one I would do again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of conference and meeting space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes