I read about this place when I was looking for a place for a romantic wedding. While I'm glad I didn't choose this hotel for our wedding (too big and not intimate enough), I glad I had a chance to stay here. There really is something for everyone. The main pool has activities for kids and a slide, yet adults looking for that quiet, relaxing pool-side experience can always check out the Cielo adult pool where only those 18+ are allowed to hangout. The property has a nice golf course and offers lessons (even for women). There are daily fitness classes and happy hours. The shop has great name brands: Tory Burch and Diane Von Furstenberg.
4 restaurants on location-Nelson's is a cool lowkey spot. The spa is beautiful but very pricey $190 for a 60 min treatment (ouch!), but the spa has it's own very quiet relaxation pool.
Rooms are comfortable, well sized and have either a patio or balcony. Villas are also available as part of the property to rent pr buy. The rooms are simple, no fancy decor but they have a nice sized tub, seperate shower, closed-off toilet, desk, full length mirror, coffee maker, etc. and provide turndown service. I just expected a more romantic room.
The location is beautiful. Looks out over the rugged CA coast. No beach here for swimming, but the pools are great for that.
Service has been very good. Friendly and efficient and quick to make recommendations when asked.
Check-in still needs some work. We had our bags out of the car before anyone even offered to help, and while they do offer you a bottle of water or sparkling upon check-in, they don't walk you to your room and explain the amenities of the property like you would receive if staying at a typical 5* resort. Also, Be aware that check in is late: 4pm. And if you plan to eat at their signature restaurant Mar'Sel, make a reservation ahead of time or they might be fully booked.
This property was packed when we stayed here. A ton of families and groups. If you want privacy and intimacy, this is not the right vacation resort for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotwire, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes