“girls trip!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Alta Loma, California
“girls trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great time, beautiful resort! We go on a girl's trip every year (we are in our 40s) and this is the perfect spot for us. Close to home yet feels far away. Extremely friendly staff, beautiful rooms and amenities. Will definitely return, so glad we found this place! The adult pool is awesome, with great music, drinks, and food. Restaurants serve awesome food. The spa was wonderful. A bit pricey of a location, but totally worth it.

Room Tip: call the morning of your arrival and inquire about upgrades BEFORE you arrive
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Terranea Resort in an Ocean View room. This property is amazing. The views are beautiful. There are so many areas on the property to find a little space of your own and just stare at the ocean, sunset, etc. There are some great walking trails around the property. When we checked in, we were greeted with a smile and a glass of champagne. The room was extremely comfortable and clean. We ate at Nelson's the first day and the food was great, the service was great, and the ocean view was spectacular - the fire pit was a nice touch too. The bar service later that night was great (the popcorn to snack on is unreal). We ate at Catalina Kitchen the second night and they took very good care of us. We are already planning another trip. This is definitely one of the best properties I have stayed at. Do yourself a favor a give yourself a couple of days at Terranea. You will not regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Palos Verdes Estates, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Our stay was amazing from the staff, to the spa, to the restaurants and natural beauty of the resort it far exceeded our expectations. We will be back again and again. Spa is pristine, private and offers beautiful ocean views. The property is absolutely stunning yet welcoming and not ever stuffy. Adult pool a fun alternative. Secret - spa cafe has bento box lunch that is creative and outstanding. Marsel for fine dining - soft shell crab appy - go for an assortment of appetizers and let the bartender make you a wonderful old fashioned. Bashi the newest restaurant is an excellent alternative Asian choice. But the truly wonderful, friendly and attentive staff makes the stay one we cannot wait to repeat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TerraneaGuestRel, Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Jennifer,
We are delighted to read about your vacation at Terranea. Thank you for providing such wonderful ‘insider tips’. We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope you will visit us again and again.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a beautiful property that is SO CLOSE to Los Angeles. It only takes about 45 mintues to get there...and yet you feel as if you're in Hawaii!!! Great stay! Lots of dining options...you never have to leave the property...We took the dogs and they had such a great time! The place is really dog friendly and Nelson's was dog heaven out on the patio!!! Just a great time all around.

Room Tip: Ocean front is best....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank markdmarc
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I spent three days at the resort while attending a conference for work. The location and views are fantastic. The good served in private rooms or the restaurants was great. The staff was always pleasant and looking to help in any way. I did not get to the pool or gym but heard they were nice.

• Stayed June 2013
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We booked a groupon for terranea , as we have been regulars to the restaurants over the years.  As you all know the place is immaculate, has great views and is nice inside.   We stayed on a Saturday and Sunday.   We were put in a room right next door to the wedding reception room.  We were up until 1130 listening to music and loud noises from the area.  To put it mildly we were pretty upset that our quiet oasis turned into a total nightmare,  we have young kids, so hanging at the bar was not an option.  One would expect this at a motel 6 but not a five star resort.   On checkout we told the front desk about our experience and were told that a manager would call us by evening.  No call was returned.  I then called that evening because the call was not returned and a 450 dollar charge appeared on my bank online.  No one was able to tell me what the 450 dollar charge was and I was told that I needed to contact accounting which was closed for the nigh.  So I let it be.  I called the next morning which is today.  I was forwarded to accounting and there was no one available so I left a message.  One half hour after this I sent an email to terranea as I was unable to resolve any of the issues.  By 5 pm I had no email response, no accounting department called me back.  On my commute home from work  I called the front desk.  Again accounting was closed so no one could help me.  Unfortunately, I had to be a jerk to get someone to help rectify my situation.   The accounting issues were supposedly resolved, but we will see what my bank online says tomorrow.  And as for the night where we were kept up with loud noise till 11 15 pm I was told that they would give us an upgrade on our next stay.  I have told hundreds of my patients about this place, but this last stay was a joke and furthermore an establishment such as this should have rectified the first nights stay no questions asked.   It is the lat time I will go to this resort and I will be happy to share my story with anyone who will listen. What goes around comes around.

I have to admit, I am still in dismay at their inability to rectify a simple situation.  I am a business owner and the right thing to have done was to either give a voucher for another night or refund the groupon money.  Had I stayed home I would have had less stress and a better nights sleep!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Drew H
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

A luxurious resort perched on the edge of the cliffs. Surprisingly located next to the posh by sleepy suburb of Palos Verdes Estates. We have been to the Terranea many times for various events, including a corporate retreat, meals at Catalina Kitchen, Nelson's, the spa, and Bashi, and several New Year's Even parties. Each time the staff has been friendly if at times lacking the polish you would expect from a 5 star property. The food is always beautifully presented, though it could be more imaginative. Overall, Terranea is a great property with a mix of locals and tourists.

Room Tip: If you want a true view, ask for an Oceanfront room. The oceanview rooms oftentimes overlook the law...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Palos Verdes
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 22 in Huntington Beach
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,122 reviews
Beach House Hotel Hermosa Beach
#1 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Terranea Resort? Share your experiences!