Terranea Terranea, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
We live in Los Angeles, and we come to this beautiful resort at least 4 times a year, every year for our little staycations. It truly is the best place to go in LA if you have small kids and dislike plane rides.
The property is amazing. Terranea is built on what was once the Marineland of RPV. You have unblocked, unedited views of God-created nature - the ocean, the cliffs. If you look out in the Pacific Ocean, you will always spot schools of dolphins and sometimes, blue whales. The resort is SO classy they have a pet hawk there to mind the pidgeons and pests. This is really a treat for little children to see!
The rooms are equally upscale. We have stayed in all types of rooms - from the standard room, to the suites, to the villas, the casitas and the spa bungalows. The villas and casitas are perfect for family gatherings . The lower units have private firepits that you can sit around and drink wine and roast marshmallows. The casitas are located up near Mar 'Sel and down by the family pool...and the villas are located up near the golf course (which by the way, though only 9 holes, rivals Pebble Beach). The villas are all owned, and kept in amazing shape. Every single detail is carefully tended to.
Every time we are here, the children and adults sleep HEAVILY. I had a law firm retreat here, and my associate, who is a mother of two - actually slept ALL night without wake until 10 am! It's like sleeping in a warm cave. Incredibly sound-proof rooms.
The service is outstanding. From front desk (who ALWAYS welcomes us back with champagnes) to the housekeeping staff, we always feel like we are royalty when we come to this 5-star resort. Also, depending on the time of the year, and availability, the front desk is always willing to make accommodations for children and offer complimentary upgrades.
The restaurants are all amazing. Nelsons is down by the water and the spa, and serves fresh seafood with awesome bloody marys. (so awesome they ran out last time we were there). Mar Sel is extremely upscale and a perfect place to host a law firm holiday party. Catalina Kitchen (where we always have breakfast) has these AMAZING buffets on weekends that is unheard of. Prime rib, sushi, three zillion types of desserts.
And who can forget the spa? I am a spa-addict, admittedly. This spa is world-class. Hands down, the most beautiful spa I have ever frequented. The therapists are amazing.
Terranea during the holidays is sooo fun, with all sorts of children's activities and treats.
We are so blessed to have a jewel like Terranea right in LA. I'll admit, it's quite pricey - but it is our only treat. We spoil ourselves rotten and come here on a quarterly basis just to "get-away". WE LOVE IT!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes