The staff was very warm and helpful. Every single one - groundskeepers, clean-up, front desk, sales. This is always a big part of a hotel for me, people who take pride in their work. As an example, one of the young women at the front desk that I spoke three times (once to request late check-out, once to have luggage stored, and the last time to ask a question) was always nice and never annoyed. I asked her to write her name down, but of course, I've lost it. Her name was Jennifer or Jessica Hendrikson or Henderson. My apologies - but I did try! The grounds and views are wonderful, and the room was peaceful, clean and comfortable. We stayed during low season and I was able to walk down the expansively wide, beautiful hallways between meetings and my room (7th floor) and never see another person! There were holiday trees up all over the place, and it was very festive. I enjoyed a winding walk along the shore and around the grounds past the spa, gym, Nelson's restaurant and the organic garden down to the cave and beach. The spa has a nice but small selection of giftable items (clothing and health and beauty) which I enjoyed browsing. There are two pools, plus a firepit and a very large water slide. It was disappointing in that the spa and gym were closed during our stay and that we were not told beforehand. I would enjoy staying here again and would like to take advantage of some of the activities such as kayaking, falconry and horsebackriding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of conference and meeting space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes