Our trip began where we were greeted with "Welcome Back" and a glass of champagne as we stay prior to Christmas and over Easter every year. This time was a bit different as we brought Coco the Elf (Elf on a Shelf) with us. Initially he was fastened in tightly to the luggage handle. While my husband and son were away, I noticed he wasn't there. I called the Valet, Front Desk and Security. Most were not aware of the importance Elf on a Shelf has in the homes of young children (ours is 6). I shared the story and that if found please put him in a plastic bag and by all means - don't bring him to the door holding him (human touch takes away his magic powers). When my husband returned he looked in the car and found that Coco never got out - he unhooked in the trunk. Nonetheless, Rachel at the front desk was particularly sensitive to our situation and offered that a elf come to our room and read our son a story and include that their resident elf knew Coco and my son had nothing to worry about - he was on the "Nice List". It was only moments later that GIANT cookies and milk arrived at our room. The next day we came to the beautiful lobby for a reading by a resident elf, Peppermint. She began her conversation with my son (whose name she knew) that she personally knew Coco. My son was impressed. Then she allowed my son to pick out a book for her to read. Unfortunately through this time my son has been mildly sick with a persistent cough. Anna at the Catalina Kitchen has been great! She has brought him Chamomile Tea and packed up extra packs of tea for him in the evening. Everything about Anna has been service with a smile. During our stay we requested her. Interestingly as well, I asked if there was something to make hot water in our room - Next thing I knew a Keurig Tea Maker was delivered to our room. Every person has been great, but Rachel at the front desk and Anna at the Catalina Kitchen have been superb! I love this place! The Terranea is 5 stars and has set a very high bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes