“Beautiful Property”
Review of Terranea Resort

Terranea Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here at the beginning of November for a conference/long weekend. My husband had requested an ocean view and we were given one of the casitas with a nice view of the grounds and ocean. The room was a generous size, the bathroom was awesome--plenty of room- with a tub and separate shower, and the grounds around us were quiet. We had nice meals at both Catalina Kitchen and Nelsons and, while both were always busy in the evening, we had pretty short waits to be seated. I spent each morning at Sea Beans with my chai latte and the staff there was very friendly and helpful. Afterwards, I'd walk the trails along the cliff. You really can't beat these views. Just breathtaking!

I

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank staceyss
Write a ReviewReviews (3,703)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

By booking a room at Terranea, I avoided staying with the in-laws. That should be reason enough to rank the resort with more than five circles, if that were possible. But dissecting that consideration out the evaluation, we did have a great stay. The Oceanside Room's view was spectacular. Having grown up in Palos Verdes (PV), but now living in New England, I had forgotten how beautiful the PV can be. From a geographical and historical perspective, Terranea is situated on the far side of the Peninsula on the former site of Marineland of the Pacific and near the former site of Japanese American farmland where, until the 1980s, some of the juiciest strawberries to be had anywhere were produced. That the resort is on the far side means that there are panoramic views of Catalina Island, Point Vincente lighthouse, and the surrounding cliffs. However, its location also tacks on at least 15 minutes to trips elsewhere in the LA area. While there's are some shopping areas and restaurants elsewhere in PV, the selection is limited. Therefore, contented visitors are those who are okay with relaxing poolside, enjoying the setting, playing some golf, taking walks, and dining at the several nice restaurants on the premises. It worked for us. One complaint: the parking charge is rather exorbitant considering the hotel's location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kreino
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Count yourself lucky if you end up here on a business trip. I was there in November and while the weather wasn't perfect for only one day. I loved the place. Overall facility and location are among the best I've experienced.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was our second stay at Terranea. The service was five star! Many thanks to Bianca Santos for making our 25th anniversary so memorable. We loved every minute of our visit! We were in a casita and had the most breathtaking view. I love everything about Terranea. We live locally, but feel like we are so far away from home!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
TerraneaGuestRel, Manager at Terranea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Treeniek,
Thank you for your review and happy anniversary! We will certainly pass on your kind words to Bianca and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel is about the best I have seen in a while. It definitely is a good if not better than a lot of four seasons I have stayed at.

The food was out of this world and I would highly recommend going there over a weekend so you can taste both the Saturday and Sunday brunches.!

There are 3 pools: 1 for the family, 1 just for the adults and 1 for the laps.

The view is breath taking !

Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: ocean view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed several nights attending a work conference, so I can not speak to costs, but the resort was absolutely stunning! I can not imagine a more beautiful place to stay in California. The ocean views, pools, walking paths, and food service were all absolutely stunning.

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have incredible views of the ocean, but ground floors have walk out patios, some wi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My trip here was a business conference, otherewise my typical stay is at a Holiday Inn, Hilton, etc. Because of that, I usually feel out of place at these resorts, but I never felt that way here. All of the employees are very pleasant, and the guests all seemed to be nice people to meet.

My room was in the hotel, on the second floor, with an ocean view. It was a nice room, spacious enough, very large bathroom, comfortable bed, and large patio. The golf course is very, very nice- much better than you would ever expect when you hear of a par three course.

As I said, spending $300/night or whatever this resort costs isn't usually my type of trip, but for those who do, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tc3399
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Palos Verdes
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Casa del Mar
#6 of 36 in Santa Monica
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 2 in Rancho Palos Verdes

Been to Terranea Resort? Share your experiences!