Terranea delivered. We stayed here after a wedding that was nearby. It was our anniversary the next day and we wanted a kid free weekend to celebrate. Everything worked out better or as expected for such a nice resort. Can't believe it used to be Marine Land.
1) Champagne when we checked in
2) Nice lobby area bar and lounge
3) Nelsons nice bar with scenic view and fireplace outside for kickback evening drinks
4) Catalina Kitchen excellent food and nice buffets on weekend. The Sunday brunch was extra pricey but looked excellent.
5) Kids pool was nice, might have to bring out kids back here!
6) Adult pool reminded us of Vegas. Excellent bar service and you can get cabana's or nice lounge chairs for extra.
7) Access to Beach down below cliff and nice trails to walk around area.
Overall excellent resort, its not cheap but you can find some deals to help out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of conference and meeting space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Prestigia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes