We stayed at Terranea in August for 2 nights for my husband's birthday. We have 3 kids ages, 7, 5 and 1. This is an excellent family resort right here in SoCal.
The rooms (we had Oceanview adjoining) were very nice. My only complaint would be the view was not as great as I would have expected. Yes, we could see the Ocean but the resort is set back so its not a great view of it. They were really nice and modern though.
The family pool was awesome. Our 5 and 7 year olds went on the waterslide about 100 times and our baby loved the splash zone (sprinklers coming up from the ground). There is also a sandy play area. The pool staff were all very nice and there were plenty of chairs and clean towels. The first day we arrived in the afternoon and we found enough chairs right by the waterslide. A relief to not have the "chair game" where you have to stake your claim at 7am for the day.
We walked down to the beach each day. It is beautiful (although not swimmable). We enjoyed walking out on the rocks and watching the waves. We also took a "family hike" along the trail, which was really nice.
The food was great, but expensive. I guess it is to be expected at this type of resort but there are really no alternatives because it is in a secluded location (so be prepared). The breakfast buffet was particularly expensive. My husband and I ordered a la carte and let the kids do the buffet because it is so much easier for them.
Lots of stuff for families to do here. We only stayed for 2 nights so we did not utlize the kids club (so I can't comment on that). We loved the smores by the pool in the evenings. The kids had lots of fun roasting marshmallows over the firepit.
Overall, the staff was excellent. Everyone we encountered was VERY nice and went out of their way to help us. We had a great time and highly recommend Terranea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Otel, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes