an "ocean view king" room is not worth the 480 dollars+tax, that i had to pay for a one-night stay. I tried in every way to get a deal with the hotel reservation. Impossible. Arriving at the hotel i had to struggle to get a "late checkout" at 2. Make sure to book your stay using a 3rd party webpage. "Perfect Escpapes" gets you in the same room on the same day for 360 dollars+tax, a free upgrade to next category(!), free breakfast for 2, early checkin at 12 and late check out at 4! Getting 7 hours extra at the hotel is almost a full day, where you can use the pool and other amenities and that way the price paid ($360) match the value.
The SPA is good and nothing beats the view from the SPA indoor and outdoor lounges + relaxation room. Bring the kids! Tried the Mar'sel restaurant. Good value and the wine list holds something for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of conference and meeting space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes