Rooms: Updated in 2008, the room was nicely appointed - 2 "Heavenly Beds", very large writing desk with two sitting chairs, mini-bar + fridge + outdoor deck. Flat panel TV, alarm clock etc. Probably originally built in the 70s - so rooms on the second floor are quieter (no feet on your ceiling) and have a higher ceilings. Bathrooms are redone - a little cramped with double sink, dressing area/closet and separate toilette + bath/shower area - but good water pressure from double shower heads. Room size probably 600 sq. ft including outside patio. Not a 5 star hotel, but for Rancho Mirage amoung the best options... 4 Stars.
Check-in: Low season before X-mass => so plenty of rooms to choose from. I suggest 2nd floor facing golf course or mountain view. Check in guy let us come around the desk to get views from each room on his monitor - great idea! Book the lowest cost room if off season and you'll get upgraded at check in.
Restaurants: Only tried breakfast - bagel, lox, cream cheese - but very good service and food. Reasonable prices for hotel.
Grounds: Stunning views of mountains - great trails for walking around the golf courses - you could get lost - leave bread crumbs. Good pool area - self serve towels + cabanas you can rent in addition to chairs around free-form pool. 2nd pool away form main area as well. Tennis Courts, Spa, Gym. $27 Mandatory "Resort Fee". They should just include it in the room rate and stop messing around - very unprofessional.
Parking: Okay in off season, however, would be cramped during high season. Valet option was only $7!
Check-out. TV Checkout - had to correct double charge of $27 resort fee that had been pre-paid. Annoying - check your bill carefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 75-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the on-site restaurant Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert