Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
$140
$129
GardenInn.com
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa(Rancho Mirage)
$318
$199
Omni Hotels
$156
Motel 6
  • Pool
The Westin Mission Hills Villas(Rancho Mirage)(Great Value!)
$354
  • Restaurant
$139
Travelocity
$171
Welk Resorts Palm Springs(Cathedral City)(Great Value!)
$319
$309
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,636 results
All reviewslas hadas poolpalm springsmain poolwestin mission hillspinzimini restaurantpete dye coursefireside loungegary playerheavenly bedbeautiful groundstennis courtsmain buildingnice propertyadult poolfitness centerpalm desertfamily pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2007

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the resort this past February 23 - 26, 2007 and found everything to be just beautiful. After coming up from the snowy northeast, the beautifully kept lawns and flowers were a breath of fresh air for us. The pool area was very inviting for afternoon cocktails (it was a little too cool for me to swim or lay around at the pool).

I was a little apprehensive after booking the trip and seeing some of the reviews online. But our experience was great. We had dinner at the resort for two nights and the staff was excellent, even though we were doing a lot of sharing of different dishes. The food was fabulous!! Cudos to the chef! Our room was looking out onto the Pete Dye Golf course and was also lovely with nicely laid out bathrooms. No signs of wear and tear like some of the reviews I've read. The beds were very comfortable and the room was bright and quiet and very clean with excellent service.

We booked tee times at the Gary Player course and when we got there, it was so windy...we asked if we could play at the Pete Dye course instead and the staff was very accomodating, finding us a new tee time and reserving clubs for us without penalty. On the previous day we had golf lessons at the Pete Dye course ..full swing analysis..well worth the money. The instructor was great.

It helps if you have a car. We explored the Palm Springs area, went shopping and had dinner downtown which was a lot of fun. The Agua Caliente? casino was a lot of fun and very crowed.

I would highly recommend this resort. Don't be afraid of some of the reviews on this site. The resort was beautiful and the service and staff were terrific.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank MaryK404
Reviewed March 17, 2007

My husband and I stayed here Mar 9-14. Needless to say that after booking and paying for this resort I found this website and got a little reluctant after reading some of the reviews. The grounds were beautiful, the golf course great, spa fabulous, bed heavenly, rooms spacious and front dest crew/management fantastic. Yes the rooms were worn, yes the housekeeping needs a refresher course(not dusted all week), yes the service is not the friendliest, the drinks are $9US (our biggest shocker), but all in all it was good. We only ate there the first day, we each got a sandwich and a drink...............bill was $50. We ate outside the resort the rest of the time. I would rate this hotel a 4*, I have stayed in many 5* and this is not a 5*. I think for $190/night at high season, it is a pretty good deal.
As for the timeshares, I would most definitely buy a Marriot one for they have more options(kitchenettes,condos,hotels).
Hope this helps!!!

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank pakoda
Reviewed March 14, 2007

The Westin Mission Hills is a lovely resort. We would rate it a 4 star, not a 5 star, as it's not on par with a Ritz or Four Seasons. My husband, 19 year-old son and I just returned from a few days at the hotel section. The grounds are lovely and well kept. There are nice pools, tennis courts and golf courses are right outside your window. Our room was large, had a high ceiling, great beds/pillows and a fabulous large bathroom with toilet/shower separate from a large double-sink vanity area. There was a large closet in the bathroom and an ample area for toiletries/supplies that could've doubled as a changing table for an infant. Our room was clean and serviced nicely. The furnishing are dark and as such are showing some wear/scratches/water rings from glassware. We didn't use the on-site dining as we prefer to dine out on the town. Tennis times were readily available and the pool areas were delightful. We enjoyed our stay, booked at a reasonable rate of $180/night via Hotwire..which was quite good given that it was high season. They did offer an incentive to take the timeshare "pitch" but we declined and there was no further pressure. The area of Rancho Mirage, Palm Dessert, Indian Wells, Palm Springs was a great respite from our winter in the Northeast. Hope you enjoy it, if you try it !!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FreeburnC
Reviewed March 4, 2007

We stayed at the Westin Mission Hills as part of an offer to listen to a presentation regarding Starwood (ownership group of the Westin hotel chain) Vacation property purchase.

When we first entered our room, a broken light bulb lay on the floor of the bathroom. No light bulbs were missing from any of the lights, so it seems whoever broke the bulb before we arrived, just left it lying there and never cleaned it up. After 2 phone calls to the front desk and over an hour wait, someone from the Westin finally came to clean up the broken glass.

The next day our toilet quit flushing properly. Again after 2 calls to the front desk, a maintenance man came out, fixed the problem, but left the room without any verbal confirmation that the toilet was fixed (we were all in the room when he arrived so it wasn't as if no one was available to inform) but the toilet bowl was dirty from being plugged and he never sent room service to come clean the toilet.

Considering the Starwood Vacation people were having us stay at their resort in order to present to us, then to ask us to drop $25,000 for their vacation properties, you would have thought the hotel/resort would've made extra effort to show us that they're a top flight facility. Guess they're not so interested in our $25,000 after all - we chose not to purchase after seeing their lack of concern for guests!!

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank jparks2007
Reviewed February 27, 2007

This resort is extremely isolated. I took a six mile walk outside the ground between endless "gated communities" without encountering a single public space, not even a 7/11. If you want to go to town, expect $70 cab bill round trip. The hotel has no shuttle.

Though the resort has two gigantic "concierge" desks in the front lobby, don't expect to find one. If one is on duty, you will be at the back of a long line.

Many of the amenities are expensive, and or substandard. For example, I thought I might go bike ride - the place advertises a fleet bikes. It turns out that they have a few tattered one-speed cruisers that they will rent to you for $35, and then you are restricted to riding these things on the grounds. You would have to do about a hundred laps of the place to get any meaningful exercise.

I found an item missing from my luggage on returning home. I thought I might have left it in the room. I emailed them immediately upon arriving home. Two days later, I have no reply. I phoned about it, and was transferred to an answering machine.

Generally, I would say that I have rarely stayed in expensive digs where the front desk staff showed as little toward grace or interest in the guests.

4  Thank TATTEREDTRAVELER