“Westin Mission Hills....The only place to stay”

Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed February 5, 2010

This may be one of the best places to stay when in the Palm Springs area. Located only minutes from the "night life and restaurants of downtown Palm Springs, but far enough away for peace and quiet.

The resort staff is great(ask for Vincent....tell him Michael-Shawn sent you). The suites and villas are wonderfully appointed, granite counters, wood flooring, "Heavenly Beds", etc. The restaurant is great for breakfast and has a super buffet as well.

The pool and spa are a blast...with a water slide, volleyball, and views of the local mountain ranges.

The

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank occonsumer1
Write a ReviewReviews (2,593)

Reviewed February 2, 2010

As return guests, we have received quality personalized "welcome back" service from top management to the parking valets. Seeing the same faces at the property time after time shows us a lot about the retention quality of both management and Westin in general

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Very beautiful accommodations. Even though I was quite a walk from the conference center, I was able to easily find a ride if I didn't have time for a walk. But guests should make time as the scenery is beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Impressive place. Large rooms with golf course view. The bathrooms looked like they were newly remodeled and had a large table giving us plenty of room to spread out. A very helpful feature. Westin beds are usually very comfortable, but for some reason I had a hard time sleeping on this one. Maybe it was me.

The grounds are quiet and immaculate. An impressive indoor / outdoor restaurant. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank VenturaTraveler13
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We vacationed for New Years at the Westin Mission Hills in Palm Spring (Rancho Mirage) and had a great time. Our original booking was at the Rancho Las Palmas and though that was not a bad hotel, the Westin, we felt was a star higher in amenities and room finshings. After a couple days at the Las Palmas, we moved to the Westin. Being Starwood Preferred Guests, they matched the price we were paying at the other hotel, so we moved. The facilities are nice and the place looks relatively new (less than 5 years old is the look, though we did not inquire as to its age). Nice heated pool with a water slide and a bar located pooside. Golf and Tennis courts on site - did not get a chance to play but it sure looked tempting. Overall, a great time and very good service from hotel staff. We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank choclate69
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Hi I like Westin's and am a Platinum member so overall they offer pretty good value and they have a great starwood points program.
I stayed at the resort in November while visiting friends for a weekend golf getaway with a little shopping.

I really appreciate an upgraded suite but when I tried falling asleep both nights I was awakened by the sound of loud crashing sounds.

My suite was located on the edge of the property first floor, I believe suite 101 and I was booked in for three nights

I think there was either a grabage bin colection area just on the other side of the property fence or a train car loading area. It was brutal and statingly loud at unpredictable times. although I liked the suite, prestty standard for a Westin, the loud noises woke me up numerous times. In fact I stayed with Friends my final night in Indian Wells just to escape the loud crashing. I stay on the road 60 nigths a year and have learned to deal with all kinds of rooms and conditions but for a resort of that calibre to have noise pollution so close to sleeping areas is not acceptable.

I have re booked for March 11 to 18 2010 for special family trip and I am hoping they take care of us with a quite room.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to see much of te resport becuase I was with my friends but I did like the work out room although a little small for such a large resort.

I look froward to seeing more of the restaurants, pools and golf and having the kids take advantage of the programs.

Kelowna, BC Canada

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2009

My daughter and I attended a field hockey festival over Thanksgiving, and the resort was a great choice. The staff could not have been any nicer to us, and NOT one had "that attitude" you find at some properties.

The food was very good, and the house keeping staff was exceptional. (Teresa made us feel like we were family, probably better)

I can not wait to return.

Tom

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!