I too saw all of the negative reviews on this site, but they are from travelers that stayed over Memorial Day weekend.
I planned this trip for my family, which is my wife and infant son and my friend's family, which is comprised of the same. We had a great time. The wives had a spa appointment on the first day, they returned from the spa (chauffered by the valet staff) very relaxed and completely satisfied with their treatments. My friend and I had an early tee time the next morning, the Pete Dye course was closed for green maintenence so we played the Gary Player Course. The course is spread out amongst timeshare and summer homes, beautiful course, we noticed you don't see the other holes while playing on yours for most of the course. Very challenging, I'm a good golfer and I gave half a dozen balls to the dive team.
My son was taken to the pool by my wife, it was clean and very nice to be around. There is a pool for adults only if you don't want kids like mine to be adorable around you.
Overall the Westin Mission Hills is a great resort, if you are planning to visit during peak vacation times please expect some things to be less than perfect. Remember that human beings run this hotel and everyone has challenges at times.
This traveler's tip; email the resort and see what they are able to do for you to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we were given suite (and sweeeet) upgrades just for asking. Also, the $25 resort fee pays most of the tips you would normally give so take advantage of the valet and bellhop services. We figured out we would have tipped about $40 to different employees during our stay, so we saved money.
Book it. You'll be happy you did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 75-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the on-site restaurant Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert