My sister-in-law and I had a great experience with the Pizza Making Class/Dinner at Pinzimini. It's $25 for adults/$10 for children. There was one other guest at this dinner. We went not quite sure what to expect, but had a wonderful time. We were given several appetizers and had samples of a couple of local brews poured by a friendly server (the first was Dubbel Date Ale, which I liked; the second was a seasonal pumpkin ale which I didn't like quite as much, and probably not the best choice for summer).
The sous chef, Carlos, then made us three different pizzas, telling us about the various toppings. The executive chef, Joel Delmond, came out and gave a us a demonstration on stretching/shaping the dough. He spent quite a bit of time explaining the complex process of making good pizza dough. It was really quite interesting.
We were then given our own dough to practice with. My sister-in-law then completed a pizza, putting it in the oven and taking it out. During this time, Chef Delmond asked us what kind of toppings we would like on our pizza. He then proceeded to make two more pizzas for us. So we had 6 pizzas in total for 3 people! We were stuffed. If the group was larger, I'm not sure if you would get as much food, but this was certainly plenty. And, they sent us home with the left overs.
A couple of things, I'll add:
1) Make reservations. We were staying at the Westin Mission Hills Villas. Our concierge had called 2 days ahead of time to make the reservations for us, but was told it wasn't necessary. When we arrived, they said we did need them, but managed to accommodate us.
2) This wasn't a food & beer pairing in the typical manner. They didn't discuss which beer would go with which particular pizza. It didn't matter to us, but I could someone being disappointed. A better way to describe this would be a Pizza Making Class & Craft Beer Tasting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 60-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the new Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert